North East Mums

chezzabell

Reaction score
Hiya

I was wondering if there are any North East mums who have had their babies at Wansbeck???

I have to choose between Wansbeck and the RVI and I cant decide, so does anyone have any help in the matter please????

xxxxxxx :hug:

Hiya hun, im in the north east but im sunderland so will be having my baby at the hospital in sunderland, nearly all my friends had their kids at wansbeck and afew at hillcrest in alnwick (they dont advise you have your first at alnwick tho!) Ive heard no problems and they all enjoyed their time there!!

I was originally from Amble so im still registered at my drs in Amble so my scans etc for the moment are at Wansbeck...

hey hun thanks for replying!! My friend has had both her babies at Sunderland and she thinks its a great hospital, I live in Hexham so cant have my baby there as Ive had 2 sections so I need to think which hospital, but thanks for putting my mind at rest about Wansbeck im thinking more Wansbeck than the RVI atm, the RVI is just too busy :hug:

chezzabell said:
hey hun thanks for replying!! My friend has had both her babies at Sunderland and she thinks its a great hospital, I live in Hexham so cant have my baby there as Ive had 2 sections so I need to think which hospital, but thanks for putting my mind at rest about Wansbeck im thinking more Wansbeck than the RVI atm, the RVI is just too busy :hug:

the other thing you have to think about it how long it will take you to get to the hospitals etc! you dont want to have to travel too far?

everyone Ive spoken to says sunderland is great and has brilliant care! thanks for confirming it!

RVI will take 30 mins, if no traffice probs, Wankbeck will take about 45 mins, with no traffice probs

just dont fance having the baby at the RVI its so busy, on average they deliver 20 babies a day, i asked one of the MW's last yr when I was my friends birthing partner :(

Hi :wave:

I'll be having my baby at Wansbeck, we picked this one as its nearest to home (i live just outside of Morpeth) and heard only good things about the hospital and care.

I was talking to one of OH's friends not too long ago and his OH had their little girl there and he said everything was fantastic. She even had her own private room :)

I've had my scans there and have to say all the staff have been really nice so far.

Wont really know anymore till i go for my tour. Hmm thats got me thinking, at what stage do us girls go for the tour :think: Best ask my m/w that next time.

xxxxxxx

thanks for ur reply, certainly put my mind at rest, im thinking more Wansbeck, its just the 45 mins journey im not too sure on :think: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back