also had a strong sense of smell! this week i've had a cold aswell
and then the thing that happened this morning. i feel minimally
better now- i havent been to my doctor as they are rubish and
i hate going there!
i'm now thinking maybe my iron is low as my periods have been
really heavy (sorry tmi)

i think i better just go to the docs!! i hope
you dont get what i had today either cos its nasty, luckily
hayden was out with his auntie today so i've had some rest!

I had that virus a few weeks ago, it only lasted 24 hours but was horrible.
TMI ALERT: i couldnt stop vomitting and diorrhea at the same time :oops: and it was actually like vomitting up what should be coming out the other end coz of the smell and colour.
The worst bit is i was working, i work at home basically looking after oh's neice who is 16 months and she was screaming and crying coz she was scared coz i vomitted in the kitchen sink by accident :oops: luckily i cleaned everything really well and she didnt catch it that would have been terrible. i would rather have it for a month than having her have it for 1 day.

it affects people differently. i had the virus a week before xmas and i was the last one in the family have it. my OH had really bad sickness but no diarhheao(sp) and he felt sick for 2 days after, my DD was also like this. i had sickness but only threw up twice and had diarrheoa(sp) for about 4 days. i usually get this sickness bug every winter but this winter i think the worst part of it was not the sickness but the headaches, shaking, feeling dizzy and wanting to lie in bed all day that came with it. everyone had it in my familoy but luckily all before xmas. 2 yrs ago i had it on xmas day which was awful. a bigger deal is being made out of it this yr because so many people have had it and its getting spread more.

i think any signs of feeling sick, diarrheoa(sp) etc and you should stay indoors and ride it out.

As Kim says it can affect people differently. 1st time I had it before xmas I was very poorly with D&V. Eefie got it first them me, OH and DD and we were all very bad. OH was ill for a week, me and DD were fine in 48 hours.

This time its just me and DD, we've both only been sick twice but I'm feeling sick all the time, completely drained to the point of if I stand up my legs tingle because I feel weak so hasn't hit me as bad this time (fortunately!) OH & DS havent has it this time round either.

Jakob has it now, seems fine in himself when he isnt being sick but he is a tough nut

fran_23 said:
well for a few weeks i've been really tired, feeling really sick
in the mornings and had loss of appetite until the late evening
and needing to wee loads. i actually thought i was pregnant as i've
also had a strong sense of smell! this week i've had a cold aswell
and then the thing that happened this morning. i feel minimally
better now- i havent been to my doctor as they are rubish and
i hate going there!
i'm now thinking maybe my iron is low as my periods have been
really heavy (sorry tmi)

i think i better just go to the docs!! i hope
you dont get what i had today either cos its nasty, luckily
hayden was out with his auntie today so i've had some rest!

found out what was wrong with me- i got up with hayden at 7 this morning, was still being sick and then i felt really hot and shaky so i put him in his playpen and then i fainted, stewart phoned the doctor and they sent the district nurse out to me sorry if the next bit is tmi-
i'm on the pill and my periods are light and last 4 days but i'm on the 7th day now and its still heavy i told the nurse that coz she was pressing my
tummy and it was killing like bad cramp-anyway she asked to examine me and she thinks i'm miscarrying. i have felt ill for a couple of weeks
but didnt think i was pg although i felt it- as i said i'm on the pill!
so dont know how far along i was but i have to wait for the bleeding to stop and then be checked to make sure it was full and complete- just gotta rest for now- i'm really shocked! not sure how to feel really coz i
didnt know about it and i just feel really really numb and confused.

thank you girls, it was far from what i expected to
be wrong but i'm ok! :hug: :hug:

aww hun im sorry what a shock :cry: i was in a very similar situation last summer with a chemical prgncy :cry: .so i really understand how u feel...if ud like then PM any time. but i really am sorry to hear this hun - take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back