Norovirus

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Its me again, Im so sorry for all my 'sick' questions but I really need someones help :cry:

Since Tuesday I have been feeling sick, very sick in fact but each night around 9pm ish the feeling goes untill I properly wake up the next morning! I can barely eat, i've had (TMI Sorry :oops: ) 2 bouts of diarrohea once on tuesday and once today. I haven't been sick yet (Touch wood I dont) but today I feel at my very worst!! :cry:

Does it sound like I could have a bug? even though i havent been sick yet?
& no one I know around me has got/had it! & Harrison/OH havent caught anything

Please help me

I dont know but I do hope for you it isnt it as my husband and other family members have been very poorly.

It could be, OH had it really bad but he was fainting, throwin up and on the loo all day :puke:

eat crackers and ginger snaps hun, they will reduce the nausea - have u been to the docs?

hope u feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

mummykay said:
It could be, OH had it really bad but he was fainting, throwin up and on the loo all day :puke:

eat crackers and ginger snaps hun, they will reduce the nausea - have u been to the docs?

hope u feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes I have, I went to the doctors on Tuesday and she just said its in my head, but because I have a pyscological problem with being sick she always refers to that. I need to change doctors but I cant because im too scared they'll see my records and think the same :(

Aww I do sympathise with you, I hate being sick and the idea of this virus really scares me, I have been bleaching all surfaces at home and making sure hubby and LO have been washing hands before eating and after the loo etc. Was worried about it more this week now that LO has gone back to school.

I think though if it was this you would have been sick by now as the symptoms come on very quickly and are gone within 24-48 hours. Maybe if you are very anxious about it and about being sick that is what is causing you to have an upset tummy.

If you do a search on google for 'emetophobia' (fear of being sick) there is some useful information.

Hope you are feeling better soon and try to relax a bit :hug:

Its unlikely to be the norovirus if you haven't been sick yet.

The norovirus is a very virulent strain of gastroenteritis and its fast...it will develop within 24 and 48 hours after exposure and lasts for 24-60 hours,...

It usually starts with vomiting, then moves on to diarrhoea as the virus begins to move through and aggravate the digestionial tract..

Hygiene is the most important thing with this virus. It is not transmitted via air, but by person to person, or person to object contact. Its why you need to be extremely stringent in your cleaning methods with this virus in order to limit spreading it... washing hands frequently, bed covers, toilets... etc.

I'd also suggest changing doctors.. you may have a phobia about vomiting.. as do I but.. its no reason for them to belittle your fear of catching this virus.. its not a particularly nice virus to have.

I don't think you have it - I've had the norovirus and it is really awful. Extreme violent bouts of sickness, terrible runs and feeling awful. It's very agressive, you cannot eat or drink anything as you just sick it up immediately. You wouldn't be able to even leave the house as its so terrible.

Even if you do have it, there is nothing you can do but ride it out, unless you are seriously dehydrated and need IV fluids, you shouldn't need to go to the Dr. It does pass within 48 hours or so, but you still need several days recovery beyond the 48 hours as you will still feel awful. The main thing if you do have it is to quarantine yourself to stop it spreading.

Thanks guys, I still haven't been sick yet (touch wood again lol) but am still feeling extremely rough

Another question: If I do have this virus and im not sick will it stay in my system untill I am?

No because apparently the virus is in the small or large intestine not actually in the stomach. The reason you are sick with it is it's the bodies natural response to try and get rid of the virus but the virus is not actually in the stomach.

I have also heard of people having the runs with it but not sickness.

My hubby had this 4 years ago and was very ill. It is a nasty bug and I think you would know if you had it. You would be feeling so very ill that you would be good for nothing.

I have the same fear of being sick and I am so scared that me or Adam get it. Not too worried about hubby as he won't get it again.

I would think about changing doctors babes. You need a more supportave GP. xxx

some people get it differently some without sickness and just diorreah, I have cought it from nursery a few times with just runs and no sickness, it depends on the person how bad you get it really...

According to my Dr you can have it without actually being sick. I got it on new years day and felt awful for about 5 days. It started with a fever, aching limbs, all the signs of a cold..............which is why it is sometimes called "stomach flu". Then I felt constantly sick, although I was never actually sick and the diarrhoea, well I've never had anything like it!
TMI ALERT!! it was black water, the only way I can describe it :puke:
I was on the toilet every 20 mins and the stomach cramps were awful. It was so bad in fact I messed the bed twice in one night :talkhand: :oops:
It was awful and really knocked it out of me. The only good thing was I lost my christmas weight! :lol:

PP Rest up hun and drink lots of fluids. Try to minimize your contact with harrison, esp when feeding him as it's easily passed on :hug: :hug:

i dont think i have that but i have something nasty- i had a really
bad headache last night, i kept waking up sweating hot then when i woke up this morning i felt really sick i could hardly lift my head off the pillow cos i thought i was gonna vomit-
stew brought me in some water and less than a minute after drinking it i had to run to the loo and it came straight back up- i went to bed and fell asleep until 4.00 this afternoon when i woke up feeling really disorientated and vomited some more- i feel a bit better now but i have bad pains in my tummy and a nauseas feeing - i darent eat or drink cos i reckon it'd be coming straight back up.

has anyone had this? i think theres a lot of bugs going round!!

fran_23 said:
i dont think i have that but i have something nasty- i had a really
bad headache last night, i kept waking up sweating hot then when i woke up this morning i felt really sick i could hardly lift my head off the pillow cos i thought i was gonna vomit-
stew brought me in some water and less than a minute after drinking it i had to run to the loo and it came straight back up- i went to bed and fell asleep until 4.00 this afternoon when i woke up feeling really disorientated and vomited some more- i feel a bit better now but i have bad pains in my tummy and a nauseas feeing - i darent eat or drink cos i reckon it'd be coming straight back up.

has anyone had this? i think theres a lot of bugs going round!!

That does sound like the sick bug to be honest as you get fever, headaches and stomach pains with it too! Well thats what I read off of the Link Gemma left. Or it could be food poisoning as you get the same symptoms with that too! I hope you feel better soon hun :hug:

I'm feeling alot better this afternoon, but it's not the afternoons I have a problem with its the mornings that ive been feeling at my worst! Ive been waking up fine then after about an hour I start to feel really sick and the thought of food makes me want to vomit! and I kept needing to wee (again, i had these symptoms a few days ago too but this time they've lasted a lot longer) I'm not sure whats wrong with me but I really wish it would go away :( I dont get sick pay at my work and have already had 3 days off :x :cry:

i there any chance you could be pregnant hun?
just thinking the sickness is always worst when u first wake up.
plus your not always actually sick but u feel it!

oh yeah and the needing to wee.. :wink:

No I don't think so Fran lol Im currently on my period and I dont think my period has anything to do with it either as Ive never had this before when Im on :? Im really baffled!! :(

aw i dont know what it is then maybe a tummy bug or something!
it sounds similar to what i've had for a week or so before what
i felt like this morning.

i hope you feel better soon xx
by the way Harrison has got so big..i cant believe how small he
was when we went to the meet!!

fran_23 said:
aw i dont know what it is then maybe a tummy bug or something!
it sounds similar to what i've had for a week or so before what
i felt like this morning.

i hope you feel better soon xx
by the way Harrison has got so big..i cant believe how small he
was when we went to the meet!!

Oh no, i'm really worried now :( I dont want what you have had :cry: (Sorry I hope that doesnt sound horrible)
Did u feel ok in the evenings?
and have you had all the same symptoms as me?
and how long did u have it before u were sick? sorry for all the q's :oops: :(

Yeah I know he has, I was only looking at the pictures today.I haven't posted any pictures of him recently so i'll have to update you all soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back