NOOooooOOooOoooOO

Urchin

Reaction score
Oh NO!

My Laptop screen has a HUGE crack/mark across the LCD :(
I'm totally gutted :(
I was playing in the garden yesterday with Mason and Brody and OH says Brody come into the house for a few seconds and threw a wooden ornament about. I didn't turn my laptop on for a few hours after that but when I did I noticed it is knackered!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know if I should claim on house insurance cos we already claimed this year a couple of months ago when Brody broke my glasses! What will happen if we claim twice in one year?
Also has anyone ever claimed for a laptop...will they need to be send the laptop or want a reciept or anything cos I don't know where it is :(

I'll post a pic of my knackered screen in a bit :cry:

We just claimed for a laptop on business insurance as DH's got broken!! They wanted a letter from an IT guy to state that the laptop was damaged beyond repair (probably because the damage was internal rather than a broken screen/ casing) and they wanted to see the receipt, which we luckily had as it was done through the business.

Find out if any of your friends have recently bought a laptop the same/ same make, they will accept a photocopy of the receipt (ours did) so you won't need to send the original.

Don't know what the consequences are in claiming twice........I would imagine it would increase your insurance, there is usually something in the T & C's about how many times you can claim in a set period

Look!

April07017.jpg

April07018.jpg

GUTTED! :cry:

Hi urchin, i work at pc world,

how old is your laptop, did you take any kind of insurance when you bought it, as this includes accidental breakage...

If you did then take it back to the place where you bought it from and they will try and fix it, if not issue with you a brand new one..

If you didnt take insurance on it, then i would claim off your house insurance, it shouldnt matter how many claims you make on your insurance thats what you pay for at the end of the day...

But make sure if you do claim, when you buy another laptop take out the extra cover as its well worth it..

If you bought it from any where like currys, pc world and you dont have the reciept, go in and ask them to look it up for you they should be able to find it and print it off for you as you will need it for insurance unfortunatly, failing that get a speck print off so insurance can give a like for like laptop...

Good luck!!
:hug:

i claimed last nov , i spilt tea in mine :oops: knackered it

i didnt need a proof of sale , nor did they see the laptop ! took the model number , and came back with a price for a new one. then i got a voucher for pcworld . was all done within 10 days :D

arghhhhhhhhh I'd die!!!!!!!

We used to deal with loads of insurance claims at the computer shop. All they needs was a letter saying it was beyond reasonable repair, and a quote for how much a like for like would cost.

Best of luck

be wary of claiming twice on home insurance, we did that last year and needed to claim again this year but we couldnt coz theyd put our excess up to £250! :shock:

Oh No!! That would be my worst nightmare :shock:

I broke mine the other week and I was told I couldnt claim on house insurance as it was a portable product so I ended up paying to get it fixed :roll:

I claimed for my laptop through the house insurance in England when i spilt a bacardi breezer on it. I didnt have a receipt they just came and collected my laptop. It couldnt be fixed so they gave me PC world vouchers to buy a new one. It was my fourth claim in a year lol.

who u with hun ?

honestly mine was all sorted and i had a new laptop within 10 days , im with more then

:cry: Oh no! I would be gutted too hun - I would feel lost without my PC (sad isnt it really!)

Can you buy replacement screens for lappy's? I dont know much about them.

I am sure your insurance peeps could advise you of any implecations of claiming if you give em a call - at least it would help you decide whether to claim or not. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Hello,

i did the same thing last year with my laptop, TWICE! So gutted! :roll: The first time i claimed on the household insurance, just sent it off, no receipt or anything needed.

The second time I tried to get a replacement screen from ebay, if its a well known make/model you can get them fairly cheap, but I dont know how fiddly it is to replace it once you have it! I ended up selling mine with the broken screen on ebay as it was a discontinued model so would have cost a bomb. Got a couple of hundred for it and bought a new one! (with accident cover this time!)

:shock: oh no, I would be gutted if that happened, I don't think I could get by without my laptop. I hope you get it sorted soon.

I phoned my insurance today and they said to take it to a local laptop shop and see if it's fixable. The laptop guy wrote it off and wrote a letter to my insurance saying that and it was worth £1800!!!!!!!!

I knew it was good but I wasn't quite expecting THAT!!!

YAY! Sony shop here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back