Non-flavoured calpol??? HELP

X5OT

Reaction score
Quick question - does such a thing exist (or an alternative?). Our daughter is 12 weeks old and point blankly refuses to take calpol after her jabs. I have tried syringe, cup, teaspoon, even mixed in a bottle of milk. She simply WILL NOT take it and keeps spitting it out :( She's just had her second lot of jabs today and I need to know if there is any alternative to the yucky flavoured stuff??

Help!

i know where i work at lloyds they have there own brand paracetamol and its orange flavoured....dunno if that will help

Does she *have* to have pain relief? Or is a precaution? Maybe she won't actually need it.

I'm sure other brands are out there in different flavours. But I doubt any are unflavoured per se. They will all taste of something.

Thanks for the replies so far! So far she has not needed the calpol, so fingers crossed. At her 8 week jabs I gave it (or at least tried to!) as a precautionary measure. I felt that it would be easier to get the calpol into a calm baby rather than one screaming in pain. As it turned out she flatly refused to take it in any form, and did not need it thankfully.

We have tried again with the calpol this evening as she has been restless++, crying, and temp slightly raised. Again, we struggled - finally got about 1ml into her. She has had her bath & bottle as usual and currently fast asleep so fingers crossed ...

My friend was saying there was an alternative to calpol that you buy from behind the counter and it contains antihistemine so it makes them drowsy.

Kylie1007 said:
My friend was saying there was an alternative to calpol that you buy from behind the counter and it contains antihistemine so it makes them drowsy.

That might be Medised, but it's still strawberry flavoured. However, it's in the form of a solution rather than suspension, so it might be easier for the baby to take this?

Paracetamol suppositories are available to buy from the chemist but they usually have very low/no stock of this so it may have to be ordered in, and it costs a lot! I think it's something like £15+ per box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back