No sex!

charlene09

Reaction score
I went for my scan yesterday after suffering another bleed and having really bad abdominal pains and backache that travelled right the way from the bottom all the way up to my shoulder blades, Sonographer advised me not to have sex even though the bleed had stopped on my placenta which was abit devastating, today I have been really sexually frustrated and it is really getting to me.
The thing is though when I went for a scan at 8+1 and I had the placental bleed at the time they didn't mention me not having sex.
So now I am wondering why now even though the bleed has stopped I am not allowed sex.

Why would this be??? :shock:

We're off sex now for at least the next two months (God willing we even get that far) but with my history it is just the sensible thing to do.

In all honesty if you have been told be a medical professional to abstain then you really just have to grit your teeth and get on with hun!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww bless you hun! I don't know why they didn't mention it to you the first time, I think its just standard advice that they give when you have any sort of bleeding. I had bleeding at 4-5w and when I had my booking in appointment at 6w my midwife said we shouldn't have sex until 12 weeks! I nearly died lol, my hubby was gutted! She said sex is usually perfectly safe in pregnancy but they just always advise against it when you've had bleeding just as a precaution. Then she changed her mind and said we could do it at 9w after I'd had my early scan. We have done it once and it was lovely but it still scares me a bit as I worry it might set the bleeding off again. I suppose you have to weigh up whether its worth the worrying if it does set your bleeding off again!

I would have thought you'll be okay to start again after your 12 week scan, and you can do other stuff until then, its just proper full sex you can'tt have! x

Oh okay thankyou.

OH mentioned forplay to me but I can't just do that ! that sounds really bad! but I get over arroused after this amount of time and will just want to go for gold iykwim (tmi).. Suppose we will just have to wait it out, its because when I went for my scan thursday after having the bleed wednesday there was no bleed on the placenta anymore therefore it was classed as unexplained vaginal bleeding.

It's amazing what you can do to ensure a healthy bean hon, we ended up not dtd until last weekend - a whole 4 months without!!
I was the one holding off for the first 3 months, wanted to get tri 1 out the way. After that it was DH who didn't want to take the risk.

You gotta do what you gotta do!! xx

Ahh it's not that long Charlene, I gave up nookie for months with Devon, went back to it in Tr1 2 at about 18 weeks preg!! I was paranoid it would cause or not help a MC again - it's not worth the worry hun X

But when you go back to nookie, it's like a whole new relationship , full of spark- yayyyy

We've abstained since our BFP too as I don't want to risk after our mc before. OH is calling himself a born again virgin.... Also said I've not to complain when we finally do do it and he lasts 2 seconds! Lol xxx

I'm a little scared to have sex at all at the moment!

My sex drive has completely gone too :( so tired all the time sex is the last thing I want to do. My OH is being understanding so far but think he might get sick of me being too tired!

RB1, I'm exactly like you.! Too knackered to even try to dtd. Ha. Poor hubby, has had to go cold turkey after 18 months of ttc. Here's hoping we get our energy back in tri 2 .

RB1, I'm exactly like you.! Too knackered to even try to dtd. Ha. Poor hubby, has had to go cold turkey after 18 months of ttc. Here's hoping we get our energy back in tri 2 .

I'm so glad you said that- I thought it was just me feeling weird! My OH reckoned I should want it more, but I just don't at all!

When you are pregnant your cervix become full of little blood vessels that sometimes burst if they are touched. This is why if you have bleeding after sex the Dr's tell you to abstain for a while. Its a good way of telling if the bleeding is from the pregnancy or from the cervix. Either way if there are ways to minimise the risks of bleeding (abstaining being one of them) its best to take this advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back