Sex during pregnancy

Hi B' Mummy -

I think its good that you rung the M/W and hopefully she has reassured you.

When i found out that I was pg, I looked up on the internet about having sex whilst pregnant. I found lots of quite conflicting opinions! One however has stuck in my mind and that is, if you have a history of miscarriage, it MAY BE ADVISED to avoid sex during the first trimester.

I have had a look for the site that I read this on but cant find it again :oops: I did find a similar view on this site for men though :D

http://menshealth.about.com/od/relation ... gnancy.htm which states:

"Sex in the first 14 weeks should not present any problems unless your partner has a history of miscarriage. It can stimulate increased sexual activity because you do not have to worry about birth control. You should avoid vigorous penetration, be gentle and remember that her breasts may be tender or painful."

I know that lots and lots of people have sex in the first trimester without any problems at all but DH and I decided not to have sex until we get to the 12 weeks stage just in case. This is the first time I have been pregnant so how do I know if I am prone to miscarriage? :think:

The way we see it, we have the rest of our lives to have sex so hey, what is 12 weeks? It will make the 12 week mark even more special and in the meantime we have found other ways to remain intimate :wink:

Good luck for your scan on tuesday, Im sure everything will be fine :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back