no nappy?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Skimmed over an article about something where you don't put a nappy on your baby, you just learn their cues of when theyre about to wee..and then I'm guessing you put them on a piggy...some people do this from birth, and I think it said in a part of India the mums had never heard of a nappy? Just wondering what people's views on this were? Surely a baby just wees whenever, people in favour were saying its unnatural to soil yourself etc, but surely its better to have a nappy and spend time with your Lo than spend all day cleaning wee? And what if they wee during the night, how would you know? Would it disturb their sleep?(not that charlie sleeps a full 12hrs yet anyway)...or what if you were feeding them and they needed a wee or a poo, your have to stop them mid feed, Charlie would go nuts!! Lol. I wonder if it makes potty training easier in the long run though x

Ha, piggy, POTTY! stupid phone...weeing on a pig...now THAT would be weird x

Oh my goodness that's a potty training technique not for the faint hearted! Not sure Fin or I could deal with his projectile runny poos and managing to get him in a potty in time!! I mean do they carry around a potty with them everywhere?

Ahhh yes, elimination communication! I never had the guts to do it but there's actually a group run a few miles from me where they're all EC'ers and support each other.

I'd rather just use nappies tbh.

I've heard of EC, saw it this alternative parenting programme (think it was channel 4???)

I don't think it's for me! I think babies are too little to really know when they're going to do a wee... Just my opinion. Caleb sleeps about 10 hours in one go at night and wakes up with a nappy full of wee. So he must just wee while he's asleep. He doesn't wake up when he needs to go or I'll hear him, I wake up when he turns his head!

Can you imagine? Every night/morning at 5am trying to mop up wee when your baby wakes up!

I do think it'd make potty training easier though! I'd rather just put nappies on my little monster and then potty train him later... xx

I've head about EC too, don't think I could cope with that though! I've heard they don't get properly potty trained any earlier it's just that mum is constantly looking for cues. Some people do it for a few hours a day, esp if their baby has a sore bum. We have quite a bit of nappy off time and he always wee's and sometimes poos and I've never picked up on any cues! I just do the nappy off time in the bathroom so the accidents are easily cleaned!

I think there was abit on a program about it. The woman's house stunk of pee & poo but I think it did start to work after a while

Oh god no. Only now at 17months i can anticipate when my lo needs a poo as he either tells me, or hides behind the curtains and grunts, and then peeks his head. I still havent introduced the potty yet! As for weeing?? Id have no idea! Deffo nappies for us until hes a little bit older then potty training.

I do wonder if these women have too much free time! I certainly can't watch Tyler intently all day looking out for signs!

God no, defo not for me. How on earth are you meant to tell with a newborn when they're going to wee!? Phoebe is 3 months old and I still can't tell with wees. Poos on the other hand she makes blatantly obvious, but they are wayyy to explosive to be not wearing a nappy :shock: x

I saw the documentary too. I don't think I could cope with that. I just about manage 10 mins of nappy off time a couple of times a day!! I'm too on edge that she'll poo everywhere!! :faint: mind you it would save a fortune not buying nappies!

Oh god I couldn't cope!! I left little one on a towel yesterday for nappy off time....went into the kitchen for 10 seconds, came back and there was poo EVERYWHERE!! That was stressful enough as a one off!!!!!!

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

How would you go out, do shopping etc??? I don't really see the point as its the parents learning to 'catch' the baby at the right time, its not the baby learning the cues any earlier

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I really could never do this with Caleb, he HATES having his nappy off. I take it off when changing him and try to leave him a little while but he just starts crying, he much prefers having his nappy off.

Looking out for signs constantly would be a nightmare. I think poos are more obvious, but I can only really tell when Cubbie's doing a poo, not when he's about to do one, if you see what I mean. And with wees, they just come whenever!!! I never notice until there's a puddle of wee! I'd be a rubbish ECer!

xx

When i take Alices nappy off i give her a few minutes till i think she wont wee and she will still do it just as i swap nappies so i definatly couldn't do it all day every day... saw a program on this and the parents where talking about a bond but i dont think the baby cares if its in a nappy or not as long as they can do there stuff! x

What is the point of it I.e. to petty train earlier, cost savings?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

i think in hotter countries like india it just wouldn't be hygenic to have mountains of nappies building up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back