No movement

catty1

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was just hoping someone could reassure me.

I'm 19 weeks today and have still not felt any movement or even anything that could be movement. I know you are not supposed to worry if you don't feel anything before 22+ weeks but I can't help it as it seems like everyone else is feeling things.

Just FYI, I'm not super slim but have a relatively normal amount of fat on my tummy (used to look flat if I just sucked it in a tiny bit!) so I don't think you could blame my chubiness for not feeling anything yet. I also know the placenta is not at the front.

Anyone else not feel anything by now?

Catty x

Is it your first?? I didnt feel anything with my son until I was at least 22 weeks.. absolutely nothing. This one I think im feeling thing every few days but not sure.. its an amazing feeling when they move I cant wait to get to 20+weeks :D

Dont worry baby will soon start making themselves known.. :D

I am 20 weeks and haven't really felt any movement - but baby was certainly bouncing about on my 20 week scan on Monday so I am very reassured by that! I mentioned it to the sonographer and she said it is totally normal with your first to not feel anything until about 22 weeks.....I know how hard it is hun when it feels like everyone else is feeling something and at alot earlier stage so I feel for you hun - guess we just have to wait a little longer! xx

Im 18 weeks with my first baby and Ive not felt any movement either, just getting over morning sickness so not overly worried. Got my 20 week scan on 20th dec so hoping that i will find out that everything is ok then :) When you look at differing websites they all say that u feel the baby move at different times Im not worrying unless i have to!!

I just visited my friend today who's just had a baby and she didn't feel anything until 22-23 weeks, and even then it was just the flutters feeling rather than kicks.

hey,
I wouldn't worry i didn't feel anything till around 21 weeksxxxx

Hey I'm 21 weeks and still don't have anything. I don't know if I've felt smalls things but I can't distinguish kicks or movement at all which is so frustrating. I had a scan on Monday and our girl is very active. I got told some babies lye close to the back which sometimes explains small bumps which I have. Also sometimes the placenta lays in front of the baby which stops the feeling of movement too. Hope you feel something too. Xxxxx

With number one, I didn't realise what I was feeling was her, at first. Didn't feel second, he passed away before I felt him. Third I thought I felt once before pregnancy ended, and a week ago with this pregnancy I started feeling the odd flutter. I'm 16w tomorrow. Thing is, it is different for everyone and to me it always feels like when I once held a goldfish in my hands, when they were cupped together - but in my lower tummy instead. And that's only really once you get to 20w plus - before then it's so mild you'd have to REALLY know what you were looking for to notice (I've had the practise I guess).

I've lost my train of thought, my blokey just came in with flowers for me because I'm poorly. He's never bought me flowers! Wow...

I didn't feel anything till 22-23 weeks. Don't worry you will be fine.

Thanks everyone.

I'm starting to feel things which I think must be baby and everyday I feel it a bit more. I have just bought the entire box set of ER on DVD and eveytime I settle down to watch it I feel some weird movements. I would like to think that baby can hear it and it's a sign he/she will grow up to be a doctor but in reality I think it's just the first time in each day when I sit still for long enough to notice anything.

Anyway, I have my scan tomorrow so hopefully will be fully reassured then.

x

With my son, I always felt him move more when I was in the bath :D Maybe the slight water pressure around the bump makes it easier to feel or maybe he just liked baths lol :D Might be worth a go xxx

I was always told they are wakeful when we stop because when we are moving around it often lulls them to sleep. So if you are still and rested for long enough, the baby wakes, says hey ma, what's up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back