Little kicks...

AugustMum

Reaction score
This is a bit of an odd question and a bit pointless lol...

But this is my first baby, and Im 17w 2d at the moment but since last wednesday ive been feeling what I swear are tiny little kicks. Its when Im sat down relaxing and I feel them quite low at the front and usually on the left hand side but sometimes in the middle (like now). Im almost positive its kicks but everything Ive read has said you don't usually feel movement for another few weeks, and if you do its usually just flutters, but these are tiny little kicks.

I know I should just be happy that I can feel the baby (which I am, cause its ace!) but I guess I was just wondering when everyone felt their babies move, and whether they felt actual kicks or flutterings.

Sorry if this is a bit pointless, Im just curious!

Sounds just like you are describing at this stage, tiny little flutters that melt your heart :yay:

Hi Melio,
I felt baby from around 15 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. It's really hard to describe, I likened it to a muscle twitching, but a bit deeper, and not like a rhymical twitch, not sure how much sense that makes! I get the movements right in the middle, still quite low down and that's also where my MW found the heartbeat the other week. Also tends to be when I'm sat down, maybe watching TV, or in bed.
It does start to get stronger, but it's an odd feeling, especially since everyone else is totally oblivious. Enjoy!! I'm trying to soak up all these wee gems of developement and it's nice to have a bit of reassurance that baby is getting stronger by the day!! :)

No that does make sense about the muscle twitch! My friends are asking me what it feels like but its so hard to explain, so I just poke the side of their finger and say 'its like that, but inside you, and a teenie bit lighter!' Unless you know what it feels like, its hard to get across. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy the smaller movements because Ill miss them when the babys shoving his foot into my ribs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back