No drs app?

LRN

Reaction score
Is it normal to be told your doctor now doesn’t see you when you first find out your pregnant and to call the surgery when 8-9 weeks pregnant for them to make a referral to the hospital??

with both of my last two I saw a doctor to confirm pregnancy before they made any hospital referrals.

wondering if it’s new or just a COVID thing, receptionist wasn’t helpful at all. X

Nope every Drs I've been with (about 5) have this policy since before covid :)

Nope every Drs I've been with (about 5) have this policy since before covid :)
Oh wow, I’ve always been seen by a dr to test urine and bloods. It was to be fair 7 years ago & 9 now x

I think they are all like that. My last pregnancy they said to wait until 8/9 weeks. I had a family history of losses (doesn’t necessarily mean anything....I was just worried), so I was able to get an early referral for quantitative HCG and progesterone though. If I get another positive, I would ask for the same again.

Is it normal to be told your doctor now doesn’t see you when you first find out your pregnant and to call the surgery when 8-9 weeks pregnant for them to make a referral to the hospital??

with both of my last two I saw a doctor to confirm pregnancy before they made any hospital referrals.

wondering if it’s new or just a COVID thing, receptionist wasn’t helpful at all. X

yeah that’s totally normal, they know home pregnancy tests are highly accurate and it’s the midwifery team who decide on your care going forward, there’s not really anything for the doctor to do, I do think it’s a bit weird that pregnancy women get no advice about not drinking, quitting smoking, taking folic acid and vitamins etc until they are about 10 weeks pregnant I think all that advice should be given as soon as a woman finds out she’s pregnant! X

yeah that’s totally normal, they know home pregnancy tests are highly accurate and it’s the midwifery team who decide on your care going forward, there’s not really anything for the doctor to do, I do think it’s a bit weird that pregnancy women get no advice about not drinking, quitting smoking, taking folic acid and vitamins etc until they are about 10 weeks pregnant I think all that advice should be given as soon as a woman finds out she’s pregnant! X
I totally agree and had all of that with my two children so finding it all totally strange. Would kind of understand if they knew it was my third but I didn’t even get as far as giving my name :doh: x

When I phoned my doctors surgery they referred me to the midwives who I had a phone appointment with (lots of questions) and asked how I found out. I think as has been said above, modern pregnancy tests are pretty accurate. After my phone appointment I went for blood tests at the midwives and then was sent for my 12 week scan - all without anyone confirming I actually was pregnant. It was such a relief to see a baby on that screen as part of me was really worried I was wrong with how I felt haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back