No date at dating scan

gemloulau

Reaction score
Hi All

I had my 12 week scan yesterday and I have only just realised that the sonograhper never actually told me my EDD. Isn't the 12 week scan meant to be the dating scan? I got so carried away with the excited of seeing my little bean busting out its dance moves that I didn't eve think about it until just now!

I've looked on all of the pics they gave me and there is nothing with measurements or dates or anything. Hmmm guess I will just stick with my dates based on my last period

Doh!

xx

Hey, did they take your hand held notes? It should be written in there x

No - I totally forgot to take them with me! I'm rubbish!!! xx

Oh no I was gonna suggest looking at your notes! Didnt they give you a piece of paper at all? I had an early scan yesterday and i was given the measurements and my edd xx

They gave my a bounty pack and 13 scan pictures - no notes or paper. Oh well, I guess I could call my midwife and see if she can find out anything for me! xx

That's odd - they should of given you a scan report, which has all the info on it - mine was a light blue piece of paper....you must of been measring ok though or they would of said something, its odd the sonographer didnt give you a report though...great you got your pictures though! x

Maybe they might have to re scan you for your dates? Not sure how it works! xx

No but on some of the scan pics it says 10.8cm and some say 11.2cm so perhaps it was too wriggly for her to be able to measure properly? Xx

Haha maybe, they do wriggle around a lot. If they didn't give you the form with your scan details then I reckon they'll send it on to you're midwife. Maybe give her a call in a few days to see if she's got it xx

Thanks littlesammy, I'll give her a call in a couple of days.

I think I got so many pictures because none of them are very clear because bubs was jumping about so much - either that or I caught the sonographer on a generous day! Xx

the scan pics don't have any baby measurements on. the measurements at the top are all to do with computer settings or something. hope the midwife can help you. just a thought when i had my scan i had to go to reception on the way out to book in for my 20 week scan, did you have to do this? if so you could work your dates back. xx

Hi Nicky-G I did wonder what those measurements were, I thought 11cm was little on the big side!

I did go to book my 20 week scan but the receptionist said they would send me a letter with the date on - I guess I can wait a couple of days for that and see if it sheds any light! xx

haha i googled to find out what they were cos she said my baby was 4.5cm and the measurements on the pics were 11 something.

They put a sticker in my notes with all the scan report on - have they put anything in with your bounty pack? xx

You should have had a scan report for your notes. I would ring the midwife. At mine they told me how many weeks I was and the EDD was on the report.

Well I got my date! I had to go back to the hospital today to give another blood test as one of the samples they took from me last week clotted so whilst I was there I asked about the dating scan outcome and she said my bubs is due on 5th December so only 3 days later than we thought. Does mean I skipped over to TRI 2 a couple of days earlier but I'm sure I will be forgiven!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back