no clothes :(

trixipaws

Reaction score
i officially dont fit into ANY of my regular clothes now! i only bought one maternity dress and one maternity top (but cant wear that as no skirt or pants to wear with it!) and with only 8 weeks left i cant be @rsed spending money on any more stuff. so im living in my pyjamas! (yes even to work!)
walking thru town this week all i see is seemingly stylish girls and i feel so frumpy and dowdy. not so much my figure im proud of my bump i just dont have any flattering clothes to show it off in!
i wanna wear some pretty things- summery and light-coloured and strappy and floaty and frilly! :(

I wouldn't worry too much hun.

When I was 26 weeks I took my OH to the station in my maternity pajamas. Our car broke down and I had to walk back at 8 o'clock in the morning through the middle of town......in my pjamams. They were stripy red and white!!!!!! :oops: :lol:

why don't you pop to top shop or somewhere similar and get a pretty smock top, they are all nice a floaty and not maternity but they will go over your bump!

I know what you mean though, I didn't buy a lot of stuff, I have two pairs of trousers tha fit, one black and one pair of jeans, they are not maternity though, i didn't buy any maternity trousers, but they are getting quite tight now, so I am just not going out the house!!!

primark should be all u need this summer ladies!!
seriously, their tops are all smocky and floaty so they would be perfect!!

i only brought the one jeans and a top... but jeans are to much as it's getting hot and there getting tighter

just wear sweat pants the so comfortable.. and get primarks tops

:hug:

I've found my Miss Sixty jeans to be a life saver, they're low cut so they still fasten under my bump. I've also got some Bench combats that still fasten underneath, those two are the only trousers I wear now :oops:

I bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans from Next but after wearing them for 5 minutes they lose their shape and look awful so I gave up with them :lol:

As for tops, long ones fom Primark and Peacocks and stuff are all I wear these days.

I know what you mean about seeing other girls wearing nice clothes though. I hate not being able to go into 'normal' shops and buying what the hell I want :cry:

Primark tops!!! although my mum sent me over some tshirts a few weeks ago in size 16/18 :shock: and they only just fit!!!!! try Hennes as well they have some nice maternity tops which are also specifically designed for breastfeeding after and I have a nice denim skirt from there as well! I got quite a few bits in the NEXT winter sale and ok they're not this seasons fashion but hey only a few weeks and I'll be able to wear some new clothes and proudly be showing my baby off!!!!!!!

I also bought some next maternity jeans but they just not very nice, so I went and bought some maternity bands, now I am wearing my normal tops and trousuers but I leave the buttoms and zips undone (I can't do them up really :oops: ) and then just wear the band on top of it, it was very comfy. :D only few weeks left now I rather spend the money on my baby. :lol:

I only have 2 pairs of maternity jeans and as for tops I just wear normal tops (empire line cut) which I think is flattering on a pregnant belly. Smocked dresses also look sweet over jeans or trackie bottoms when your preggers. Don't forget that if you do buy maternity stuff you can always resell it on ebay, maternity stuff has quite a good interest value.

Primark sounds fab - there isn't one near me sadly!

I am living in roll-top trousers from the White Company. They're kind of like sweatpants and made like lots of maternity trousers, only they're more comfortable and will fit (hopefully) after the baby comes. For £22 they've been a really good deal for me.

Hi

I dont have many pants but lots of tops, i found my lower cut maternity jeans hurt as it sits right on my section scar :? so i mostly live in my pj's inless im going out i only have two pairs of pants .
At least you dont have long to go , maybe just but one outfit for if you want to go out in somthing nice.
Katrina

i'll have to go to primark then (in my pyjamas!) on my lunch hour on monday; i dont fancy going into town on my day off but i had a look around the suburban shops today and couldnt find ANYTHING! :(
none of the shops had maternity clothes anyway so was browsing thru plus-size clothes... i saw one top (i thought i could wear as a short dress) which i really liked and tried on the size 18- it fitted my 42-inch belly nicely but swamped the rest of my size 8 frame, i looked like i was wearing a sack! felt very defeated. i dont even wanna buy new clothes, like joanne said i'd rather spend my money on baby stuff, but im gonna have to or i'll be housebound 'til june!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back