No attempt at rolling at 6 months

dolly

Reaction score
Hi, my baby is 6 months old (24 weeks) and has made no attempt at rolling over at all.

He HATES tummy time. As soon as I lay him on his tummy he screams and can only just lift his head, let alone do a mini press up.

He is strong on his legs when supported, and has steady head control, but I am worried about his lack of rolling. He has only just started to raise his legs and try and catch his toes.

Should I worry? Did anyone elses babies start late and what happened next? Any suggestions for bringing this on? (I have tried pillows under his chest for support and playing with him whilst he is on his tummy - still hates it!!)

x

Nathan didn't attempt (sp?) rolling untill about 7 months and finally managed it at 8 months.

I was getting worried aswell but he got there eventually :)

Just put one of his favourite toys just out of his reach and you might notice him trying to roll to get it, he won't get it 1st time but it should motivate him if he has something to aim for :)

My DS still hasn't rolled, but he's strong in other ways. I know a LO that rolled when they were 12 months, all babies are different so try not to worry. I was concerned that DS was behind, but considering he's my 2nd I should have really learnt not to compare him to other :lol: Your babe will do it when he's ready :)

My little man hasnt rolled over yet either but he is trying to sit up and stand up instead.

All babies are different and will do things at different times. One of mny baby cousins didn't roll until 9 months but then once he started he didn't stop moving and was walking by a year. He's now nearly 3 and as bright and happy as the next child.

Just keep letting him play on the floor and he'll get it eventually. There's no rush, he'll do it in his own time.

Hi

I do agree every baby is different :) he will do it when hes ready!!

christopher only started at about 6 and a half months hun i was starting to get concerned as he wasnt doing it and hated being on his belly but then he did it the one day all of a sudden and hasnt stopped since try not to worry all babies are different and will do it when they are ready xxxxxxxx

jack was a late roller, about 9 months, then he was crawling at 15 months!! he's now almost 19 months and could do 6 steps but has stopped latey, i try not to compare him to others, which is hard considerin his age. they all different, i just got a slow one this time, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back