what should i do?

hennaly

Reaction score
They say you should put baby on tummy for 10 minutes a day but Levi hates it, he is much stronger on his legs than he is at the top end but if i put him on his tum he cries, how else can i strenthen his neck muscles?

Just don't do it. "What to Expect in the First Year", my doctor and my HV all said I shouldn't push Connie to do something she doesn't want to do.

Now she's fine on her tummy, but they all have to go at their own pace. Some like things, others don't.

Connie also hated baby massage, but she's always been fine in swimming pools.

debecca said:
Just don't do it. "What to Expect in the First Year", my doctor and my HV all said I shouldn't push Connie to do something she doesn't want to do.

Now she's fine on her tummy, but they all have to go at their own pace. Some like things, others don't.

Connie also hated baby massage, but she's always been fine in swimming pools.
thankyou, you would think having so many kids i wouldnt worry but i do :hug:

ollie hates it too and like yourself i was worrying! if i hold ollie upright over my shoulder he uses his neck muscles and is really strong. I figured that would maybe help?

nori said:
ollie hates it too and like yourself i was worrying! if i hold ollie upright over my shoulder he uses his neck muscles and is really strong. I figured that would maybe help?
yes Levi is the same but doesnt lift his head much if on his tum as he just cries.

Lucy didn't like it either, some people told me to make her have tummy time, some people said relax and let her do it when she wants, but she's had a strong neck from very early on.

I realised she'd prefer being on her tummy if she was higher than the ground, like on her V pillow, a small soft rubber ball, or on my knees or something. It's finally beginning to work and she can lift herself up a bit.

Collier wasnt very interested in tummy time, he always had strong neck muscles anyway
DO what is best for you and Levi if he dosnt like it then thats fine, he will let you know when he is just go at his pace :D

my 2 always hated tummy time so i gave up :lol: Even now if you put Iz on her tummy she grunts for a couple of minute and then starts headbanging (or should i say FACEbanging) the floor and shouting until i pick her up :lol: Beth was the same :roll: Never did them any harm, an' all that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back