No appetite since giving birth?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I haven't ate properly for ages, I'm only having about half a meal every day.. and a few bits of snacks like chocolate or crisps. On Christmas day I ate a lot but I think that was because I was in my mum's house and so I had help with Grace. I think I feel like this because it's hard to squeeze in the time to cook a meal and eat it when looking after a baby. My OH usually cooks but even then, as soon as I tuck into it Grace wakes up and I end up eating very little of it because I feel 'put off'. I had a huge appetite before and during pregnancy and I love food, so it's a little bit weird to feel like this. I put on weight during pregnancy and after being stick thin for years, I'm very happy with this weight gain so I don't want to lose it all by not eating :(

Has anyone got any advice? Is this just a hormone thing?

No help but I have been the same tif I forget to eat and when I do can only manage little bits

I was the same, but made up for it when LO was easier to manage. Make up sandwiches & salads & things when LO is sleeping then grab from fridge when needed, that way, you can get OH to watch LO while you eat. I lived on cereal, crisps & chocolate first cpl weeks. And dont be scared to put LO down for 10mins while you eat. Even if she's crying....its impossible to hold them all time. Start getting used to doing things for yourself or you could end up feeling really down! Hardest part is putting up with the crying, but as I said to MrsMc....its absolutely ok to leave LO to cry for 5 mins while you finish your dinner, if you cant handle the crying....eat in another room - life's gotta go on chick!!

:)

Last edited:
Thanks girls :) I think I'm feeling anxious about eating because I'm expecting Grace to start crying, but I'm feeling very hungry today so that's good!

That's a good idea about the sandwiches, I'll have to do that. I've been trying to buy quick and easy meals too.
xxx

micro meals are good, coz you can more or less do it with one hand whilst holding LO - if you really need to!! You need to keep your energy up!!

:)

iv gone off food a little too i think its just hormones adjusting looking forward to thai with friends on saturday most probably because i dont have to make it!

Absolutely the same here, I have to remember to force feed myself or else I wouldn't eat anything and the dairy farm production would suffer, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back