nitghtmare phase?

Anna23

Reaction score
do children go through a nightmare stage? James woke up 2 times last night shaking and screaming the poor thing from having nightmares :( bless him he dremt about a big bunny running after him :lol: (i shouldn't laugh really but its soooo sweet)

My eldest went through a phase of nightmares, so did a couple of my nephews so it can be quite common. I think that some kids get to an age where they realise the world isnt the safe place they thought it was (IYKWIM!) Only advice is to give him lots of hugs & reassurance.

All 3 of my monsters have had periods of nightmares but my eldest has night terrors which is pretty terrifying! Basically the things in his nightmares sort of "come out" and he can see them in his room and nothing you can say convinces him they are not there as he is not really awake. I am sure you won't have to deal with them but I have found the best way to deal with all nightmares and terrors is to do something to stop them ie when my eldest saw giant wasps me and hubby went round with giant nets catching them and throwing them out the window. So maybe get a giant bunny run to lock the naughty bunny in.

Mik, that is a really good idea, getting 'rid' of the things in the nightmare. My nephew suffered with night terrors, & my daughter has had 1 (scared the c**p out of us!!) & one piece of advice I was given was not to try & wake the child out of them, but talk to them & reassure them quietly.
Anna, hope James hasnt had anymore?

xxxx

Macaulay used to have night terrors. They used to scare me too lol. One time he was convinced I was upside down and screaming at me :shock: , then another time he thought there were bugs all over the walls. they seem to be wide awake but are actually still asleep......very freaky.

He still sceams out sometimes and sleepwalks occasionally. Last year he came walking downstairs about 12.30am we asked what he was doing and he said he was going to play out :lol: . We just have to guide him back to bed without waking him. I can imagine it would freak him out if I woke him because he'd wonder how the hell he ended up downstairs :rotfl:

I can actually remember having a couple of them myself when I was a kid so maybe it's hereditary :think:

My son obviously gets them from me to skardrykat they say sleepwalking is when you try to physically escape from the terrors. My mum is always reminding me about the time I walked downstairs sleepwalking and sat down to watch the TV apparently I told her the programme was really good. The TV wasn't on at the time :rotfl:

he have had a few nightmares since but none as bad as th last one which is good i was so worried but he seems much better now :D thanks all xx

Mik said:
My son obviously gets them from me to skardrykat they say sleepwalking is when you try to physically escape from the terrors. My mum is always reminding me about the time I walked downstairs sleepwalking and sat down to watch the TV apparently I told her the programme was really good. The TV wasn't on at the time :rotfl:

LOL I remember waking up in the kitchen once crying because I wanted toast. Don't remember getting to the kitchen mind you :rotfl:

My 7 year old went through a terrible phase of nightmares. I know the advice is not to wake them but we had to fully wake her in the end otherwise she would slip back into the dream and scream again half hour later.

It does pass though, she gets about one a month and is fine other then that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back