Horrible time!

Discussion in 'Growing Up' started by Strangeness, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Strangeness

Strangeness Well-Known Member

Well wednesday morning I woke up to Aaron screaming. He was so upset and when I felt him he was roasting! So gave him some medicine and he just slept all day. I had to work 1 til 10pm so he was left with my hubby who made sure he was drinking etc but he just kept wanting to sleep and wouldn't talk. Got a phone call at work from hubby saying he had to take him to the day unit at the hospital cos he was worried and phoned NHS direct as he was making an awful noise. I left work straight away and they picked me up to go there.

My poor baby, he was so poorly and breathing making an awful noise. We saw the doctor who listened to his chest and done all his stats and he wasn't very happy about it so got a second opinion from the reg peadatrition (sp?) who checked him and said that he had croup! I didn't think it was a serious condition but he said it could be very serious and that he was glad we got him to hospital. They gave him a steroid and checked him an hour later but there was little improvement and his temp was sky high so we were admitted to the ward.

So had no sleep through the night cos I was so worried and everytime he moved I had to check he was ok! It was so awful seeing my poor baby just lay there as they poked and prodded him all the time. He'd usually be fighting them all the way but he didn't even move.

So after a long night he woke up in the morning and said "mummy drink" and I knew he must be better because he wouldn't even talk to me the day before! I was so relieved! The doctor checked him over and let him go. Was the longest and worst night of my life! Was still in my Morrisons work uniform :lol: which I'd had on for 24 hours and had to sleep in. Worst thing was I had to get him home, get a shower and put a new load of work uniform on and go back 1 til 10 again! So in all I'd not slept for about 41 hours!

But he's so much better today! Back to his usual self, destroying the house :lol: I'm just so glad he's ok! I'm still recovering though! All of that and working takes it toll on a pregnant lady :lol:

2. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

omg u poor thing and poor Aaron!!! there seems to be a few cases of croup on here at the mo???

hopes hes better now tho, hugs :hug:

3. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

Oh poor Aaron bless him hope he is feeling better now hun
    and poor u must have been scary :hug: