Nipple Stimultion

EllieG

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it and felt it work? It is one of the only things I am doing at the moment that seems to be making any difference, whilst I am doing it and for a short while after I get fairly regular, painfull tightenings, but about half hour later they subside, anyone else experiencing this??

Not a terrible way to spend an afternoon :rotfl:
I've read that if labour is close it can help but otherwise it won't actually start labour, but as ever, everyone is different and different things work for different people, this link might help?
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... nlabour/#2
These are interesting...

"Here is a selection of other methods (some of them a little bizarre) that other mums are said to have found helpful. There is no evidence for any of these and frankly we are not convinced!

• Blowing up balloons: the theory is that the build up of abdominal pressure encourages labour to start.

• Bouncing on your birth ball or driving your car down a bumpy road would seem to put the same faith in shaking things up a little.

• Get a weepy video and have a good cry.

• Wear your best knickers (sod's law will ensure that your waters break in them). "

I do hope things start for you soon Ellie, BIG hugs :hug:

Redshoes said:
Not a terrible way to spend an afternoon :rotfl:
I've read that if labour is close it can help but otherwise it won't actually start labour, but as ever, everyone is different and different things work for different people, this link might help?
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... nlabour/#2
I do hope things start for you soon Ellie, BIG hugs :hug:
I know :rotfl: My OH offered but my bb's so tender there is no way he was coming near them!!!!

:rotfl: Ellie

I'd just say don't go for a run, which my best friend says works, if you did go into labour you'd be all puffed out, so I'd say rest up and imagine labour starting with a nice drink and a snack :wink:

Have been trying visualisation and relaxation but I am actually quite fearfull of the whole birthing thing, I had a bad experience at work before I went on mat leave and unfortunately it has stayed with me so I think that that can't be helping!

I think wearing your best undies would do the trick too :rotfl: :rotfl:
I did hear that about nipple stimulation, apparantly though it has to be done constantly for at least a couple of hours. We might be able to persavere doing that but asking a man to do it, they would only get bored or aroused (then again sex is supposed to help too :rotfl: )

I tried it when I was expecting my first baby, and it was exactly how you have described it. I would get regular tightenings whilst doing it, but almost as soon as I stopped they would stop too. Got fed up and rather sore in the end!! Didn't try with my other 2, and can't decide whether to with this one or not!

Heather x

Maybe the idea behind nipple stimulation is to get you in the mood for sex or is that just me :oops:

Okay maybe you could try the following,

munch on some fresh pineapple
Bump down the stairs on your bum! (worked for me!)
Sex, a good distraction and also contributed towards my labour
Curry, i love any excuse to est the stuff lol
Dont, do the castor oil thing, yuck!

smurf said:
Maybe the idea behind nipple stimulation is to get you in the mood for sex or is that just me :oops:

If it works for you then don't knock it!

Although it apparently works by stimulating production of oxytocin, the same hormone that causes contractions. I think you have to be doing it several hours a day though! :rotfl:

Thanks!! I have been reading you have to be really carefull as nipple stimulation can over stimulate the uterus, only do it 15 min on each side hourly!! OUCH :shock: Doesnt get me in the mood for sex.... but then thats not working either :rotfl:

Well, sex last night started off some pretty painful contractions for me so looks like that approach works for me as that is how I got things going with my daughter :lol:

Last week it was nearly falling off my stepladder and tensing my stomach muscles as I steadied myself - also seem to get some tightenings when I sneeze so go sniff something that will make you sneeze see if that gets things going :rotfl:

Something might work! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back