Nipple piercing is agony ! Normal?

missddk

Reaction score
I got my left nipple pierced in October time and it has been perfectly fine. I thought it was healed and has gave me no bother until now. 6 weeks pregnant and I could cry it is absolutely awful. My other nipple is also sore but nothing I can't handle. The piercing is so sore with even a bra touching it. Is this normal? I don't want to lose it so If it gets better I will persevere but if this is how it is from here on out there is no way I'm coping :sad:

Thanks ladies

Absolutely normal, I would say. My breasts were soooooo sore in first/early second trimester and I don't have a piercing.
I am no expert, but I would take it out whilst pregnant... I would worry about the pain and risk of infection, especially as it's already hurting so much.

I got both mine pierced about 5 years ago but both pregnancies they have hurt in the first tri. They've calmed down after a few weeks tho. Do you have a bar or ring in? I find bars more comfortable generally xx

I've Googled and it had said it was safe enough in pregnancy it just needed removed during feeds if breastfeeding.
I love it too much to part with it lol.
Oh thank goodness fcroxy. I will persevere with it. I have a bar in.
Thanks for your replies ladies

I had a nipple piercing years ago and it took about a year to heal completely to the point where it wasn't sore at all (used to get a bit delicate around the time of my period). I was only 17 and defo not pregnant at the time. Glad I don't have it anymore as my poor nips are so sore. I would say it's completely normal the way it is feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back