Charlie's in his own room but we have a problem !!!!

mdsremos

Reaction score
We started putting Charlie into his cot in his own room since Friday and he seems to be doing really well although we do have abit of a problem.

We have a cot divide to make him feel more secure in such a change of space from his moses basket but although he was put to sleep lengthways he managed to wriggle the other way in his sleep and got upset in the night when he ended up against the divide at 2.30am then we got the shock of our lives to find him at 7.00am with his right leg through the bars and him screaming. We normally use a gro-bag which would stop the legs through the bars issue but its been so hot that we put him in just a sleep suit without any covers. We actually resorted to putting him in the gro-bag last night even though it was still warm (we only have 2tog versions though) and I was so worried he would overheat that I was checking him every few hours but he was fine!

Anyone else had this problem??? I know we should look at getting some lower tog gro-bags but they are so expensive.

My health visitor suggested that when jacob moves into his cot to put a thin cotton sheet over him but to tuck it under the matress so that he can't get his legs caught through the bars. I haven't tried it yet as he is still in his moses basket, however the rate he is growing he will soon be in his cot!

Xxx

mdsremos said:
Anyone else had this problem??? I know we should look at getting some lower tog gro-bags but they are so expensive.

I was the same, when it got too hot I took her out the gro bag and it all went belly up. Unfortuantly, I think the only way round is to get the lower tog gro bag. It was money I didnt really have but it solved the problem.

Hi

I started a thread on this recently too. Isaac still gets his legs through the bars most nights but he is learning to untangle himself without crying and waking me up to go help him. The gro-bag is the only way to stop it but its too hot for a vest let alone a gro bag in my house!

Lou :

lauramum01 said:
mdsremos said:

I was the same, when it got too hot I took her out the gro bag and it all went belly up. Unfortuantly, I think the only way round is to get the lower tog gro bag. It was money I didnt really have but it solved the problem.

Have you tried looking on ebay for them? Ive just bought a few off there, all are in perfect condition :)

Hi

Have you got an Asda near you? I was in the other day and saw they are selling a sleepsuit but instead of legs it has a bottom like a grobag - it poppers up the right hand side from the bottom to the neck, they cost £4 each.

Maybe that would solve your problem?

Lucy

Lucy said:
Hi

Have you got an Asda near you? I was in the other day and saw they are selling a sleepsuit but instead of legs it has a bottom like a grobag - it poppers up the right hand side from the bottom to the neck, they cost £4 each.

Maybe that would solve your problem?

Lucy

WANT ONE!

lauramum01 said:
mdsremos said:

Just after I wrote this last night there was a thumping noise from the bedroom. I had put jess down just in her p'j's and told her that I would come in when I went to bed and slip her into her gro bag because even with the lowest tog it was warm. She was thumping the wall with her foot and when I went through she was asking for her grobag. Wee monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back