Night groin pain

rosey

Reaction score
Does anyone else get bad groin pain on a night or when trying to get up from sitting/ laying?
It seems worse on a night in my groin area really quite sore. Turning over in the night wakes me due to pain and it's hard to get out of bed!
Anyone else have this at all?

yeah, I wake up at night from turning as well as it hurts so much.. In the evening or morning I'll aski my husband to either pull my arm if I want to turn towards him, or push my shoulder if I'm turning away from him as this eases the pain.. I also feel it if I walk too much, but the biggest problem is turning around in bed really!

I get that. It's the most horrible thing in the world. Spd causes mine, it may be the cause of urs too xx

i get this, but i have it in the daytime aswell. feel like a chickens wishbone with ppl pulling on either leg to tear me in half!
i kinda think this must be what it feels like to be kicked in the balls

Yes I have this DH is always pulling me out of chairs and pushing me out of bed these days

Am glad it's not just me then!!
I don't think it's SPD as I can walk around fine it's just getting up and moving in bed mainly but will mention it to my midwife, next visit.
Thanks guys

yep, i have it.........apparently its just the pubic bone softening ready to let bubs through and becoming all weak...i hope it goes back to normal after!!!

xx

I can walk around fine too, it's laying in bed and trying to turn when mine plays up. Used to get it when walking but it has eased off. Just night time I get it now xx

it def sounds like SPD to me too! I have this really bad now but it started just hurting when i used to turn over in bed, tips for you....

>keep your legs together any time you turn, i find sitting up in bed then turning with my knees together helps.

>to get out of bed, roll on to you side (with your knees together) and put your feet on the floor before lifting your body off the bed

> when getting up off a chair wiggle to the front of the chair then put both hands either sides of you and push up from your arms

> the main point is to keep your pelvis straight with each side being even if that makes sense (my physio describes it so much better lol)

The unfortunate thing is theres nothing that can cure it! you can only 'manage' the pain! Im on crutches for the rest of my pregnancy as mine is so bad!

xxx

OMG YES YES YES!!! I start of on my right hand side then within 20 minuted have to turn over due to pain down there and lower back my left hand side seems better but i wake without fail every 45 minutes through the night generally to turn over which is not an easy task, ive tried pillows under my belly which admitteldly does seem to help a little, pillows between my thighs and under neath and nothing stops the pain sometimes ive found getting up at night and standing for a while or even rocking (I sound crazy!) helps then I get a hour or so un-interupted or even sitting up in bed if you can sleep like that. But Im also fine during the day and sitting and walking its just the lying down.

I feel like a zombie but hey ho wont be for long and least when LO comes the sleep might be inturupted but definately more comfortable!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back