nicotine patches

twinkle

Reaction score
Has anyone used nicotine patches while pregnant as I have been told by my doctor there not safe but I really want to use them as they have worked in the past for me.

I'm afraid the quit smoking counsellor I've been seeing has said that patches shouldn't be used during pregnancy. But you can use other forms of NRT like gum and lozenges and those funny pretend cigarette suckers.

Good Luck

I would try the patches. I know midwives etc advise against them but they aren't as bad as smoking. I stopped smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. I didn't even have to think twice cos I was doing it for the baby. But 5 people I know who were pregnant at the same time carried on smoking and out of all of us I had the second smallest baby! So I believe that obviously it is harmful for our babies but everyday life such as car etc is also harmful and doctors research isn't anything to go by. As long as you stop in your own time then you're helping your baby. :D

my doctor gave me patches he said its safer than smoking he said patches just give u the nicotine and its the chemicals in fags that do the harm . i think its discusting that all the doctors have different advice it should be either one or the other safe or not safe no wounder we question doctors advice sorry for going on its just hearing ppl on here saying there doc said it werent safe but mine said it was fine which isnt good

I stopped in August when I was about 12 weeks pregnant - I used the losenges for about 2 months I think it was.

I had always had a bad time trying to quit! - I used all sorts in the past - patches, gum, pen but the losenges really helped me crack it.

Good Luck - you can always come on here for support if you need it.

L x

I'm really trying to quit smoking I smoke far too much & recent problems have made me sit back an think about a number of things & I really want to stop.

I've been using the patches but still have the odd ciggy :shock:

I am a heavy smoker so a cut down is good for me.

What did people use in place of a cigerette? SOmeone told me to get a big bag of lollies :angel:

Hi wobbles

I found the losenges the best thing - then after a couple of months extra strong mints.

Good Luck - you can do it!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back