Nicknames Sticking

abcd1234

Reaction score
My baby gets called Tally constantly by me and Dave and even my friends, this is because my mum started calling her Tallulah and i shortened it. When i first got pregnant we wanted to give bump a name so called it trevor, and when we found out she was a girl it changed to Tallulah.

Now i'm a little concerned that when she pops out i'm gonna carry on calling her Tally. But i never would have considered Tallulah as a name, i think its more popular in the US, but lets be honest it isnt a name you hear in the UK. I dont dislike it as such, i just feel like if someone told me they'd called their Kid Tallulah i'd be like what a dick!!

The more i think about it the more i realise she could be Tally or Lu or LuLu or whatever she fancied from the names.

Just wondered if everyone else had the same kinda "thats a bit of an odd name" feelings i have lol. I think even if she's called Jane she'll end up being refered to as Tally

I didn't realise it was a nickname for bump-when you refer to her as Tally I thought it was the real name you had chosen for LO.
Tbh I don't think it sounds silly -maybe you could just call her Tally. xxxx
:D

I always thought Tally was her name too !!! Just assumed that was the name you'd chosen, i really like it actually, if not always a good middle name :cheer:

I love Tally and Talulah and if its stuck then you might find it hard to stop calling it her anyway, you should hear some of the names we call my DS (poo face as one example :rotfl: always said affectionatly of course!!)

As you have said Talulah has so many diminuatives that if she doesnt perticularly like the name in later life she has lots of nicknames she can be called.

I think Talulah was on my long list of girls names its very cute for a little girl sort of along the lines of Lola or Maisey which are popular names.

We called Isaac Wally (short for Walter-his middle name) for months before we chose Isaac as we didn't want to call him 'baby' and I wondered if he'd just end up being called that too, so know a little of what you're feeling. Personally I too thought Tally was what you were calling her, I think its lovely, the woman who played Kat Slater on Easties has a daughter called Tallulah, I remember loving it when I heard about it then. I think if you love the name, its perfect, its the right choice for a beloved daughter :hug:

We call our bump Pip.....everyone thinks this is the proper name we use it so much. And when we talk although we have a name for her she still generally gets called Pip. I think when she is here we will have to get use to using her proper name so she can use it and she will know she have a name hehe but we will always nickname her Pip. :)

:lol: I called my bump 'Baby' or Bub'... now I call Evie 'Bub' too (although I have other names at 4am when she won't go back to sleep ( :lol: :wink: :rotfl: )

I like Tally- I thought that was the name you'd chosen too and I thought it was cute!

If it suits her... go for it. :D

I nicknamed my bump lil miss and shes still lil miss (she actually recognises it now as her name... :rotfl: )

I like Tally tbh...its different but not complex nor strange :)

What about Talliah or something else similar?

When we chose Willow i wasnt sure as i thought t is not a very common name not one i have ever heard (except in buffy) and it took a while to get used to we actually chose it when i was about 3 months preg, and if i am honest when she was born i was still a bit im not sure and when people ask me what her name is i always said it abit embarassed.

BUT now i love her name because it is different and it suits her perfectally, so i say if you like the name talluah then thats what you should call her.

i always wish i had a unusal name.

I think Tally is a lovely name.

I really like Tally as a name and I do think that with Tallulah as a full name there would be quite a few different options for other nicknames. Although it does make me think of the Bugsy Malone song of the same name and Jodie Foster in the film :oops:

I also like Tahlia which could shorten to Tally too :D

I also thought that was her chosen name.

Had a quick google.
Tally
Tallee
Talicia
Talia
Talley
Tallie
Talia
Tallya

I really like the name Tally though.

I have a friend called Tallulah, and she gets called Tally, or just Tal, or sometimes her parents call her Tallulahbelle... not too sure why lol but they do!
Its a nice name though, and no one thinks shes a dick, everyone just comments on how different it is :D

I like Tally, not in ya face different just nice different if you get me...

when my best mate found out she was having a little girl we were being daft and looking in a baby book name I was saying them and she was writing down the ones she liked... we cam across Delia and for some reason thats what I started calling her bump, its stuck with me now poor baby and always ask how Delia is rather then Grace which is the babies real name lol

nickilubs said:
We call our bump Pip.....everyone thinks this is the proper name we use it so much. And when we talk although we have a name for her she still generally gets called Pip. I think when she is here we will have to get use to using her proper name so she can use it and she will know she have a name hehe but we will always nickname her Pip. :)

Aww my LO is pip at the moment! :D
I had a scan at 6 weeks and OH said "aww its like an apple pip" so thats what we call him! Though now, I tend to be more babs!

I think Tallulah and Tally are too cute if Im honest! I love them both! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back