News Of The World?

polo_princess

Reaction score
So Sunday will be the last ever edition of the News Of The World

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733

I cant say im suprised after the shocking revelations over the last few weeks, kinda sad though that a newspaper that has been in print for over 100 years will be going (ok its often full of trash but you know what i mean). Its been a big part of newspaper history.

What do you think about this whole thing? Its pretty crazy!!

I'm not really bothered, I wouldn't have bought it.. Sad that over 200 people will be out of a job though.. On the up side, I was able to get onto their website last night and read everything for free :lol: you have to sign up and pay usually xx

I'm gutted that there won't be the NOTW anymore, I love browsing through it on a lazy Sunday

Ok, there is absolutely no justification of the things that has happened recently but still a shame

I do think that this is the beginning of an end though, just which newspaper will it be next. Murdoch is one of the most influential people in the media, 100% that the NOTW isnt the only newspaper tangled up in this, i wonder which others ones are going to go down?

I wasn't too shocked when it was the celebs getting hacked, but the young girls who were missing, I think that's way too much, really low..

I'd like to see the end of The Scum, sorry, I mean The Sun.
Unforgivable the shite published about the decent people of Liverpool after hillsborough, RIP 96 xxx

I'd like to see the end of The Scum, sorry, I mean The Sun.
Unforgivable the shite published about the decent people of Liverpool after hillsborough, RIP 96 xxx

Im with you on this one hunny, the sun is not allowed anywhere near our house x x

not bothered at all. nothing but trash. and that goes for the sun paper too! the whole hacking thing is terrible. they deserve to lose their jobs! and more if you ask me! god it makes me mad :-( xx

Last edited:
Getting sick of this now, it's all anyone seems to be reporting on at the moment. I don't understand why people are looking at the last edition with fondness and nostalgia, it was a paper that was fundamentally corrupt and ethically and morally reprehensible. It trapped people, (the fake sheik anyone?), it harassed and tarred people, and now we've learned that it sanctioned and used information gained by spying on and violating not only celebrities, but dead soldiers and murdered children. Those ultimately responsible still have a job. The whole thing's a fucking disgrace.

Getting sick of this now, it's all anyone seems to be reporting on at the moment. I don't understand why people are looking at the last edition with fondness and nostalgia, it was a paper that was fundamentally corrupt and ethically and morally reprehensible. It trapped people, (the fake sheik anyone?), it harassed and tarred people, and now we've learned that it sanctioned and used information gained by spying on and violating not only celebrities, but dead soldiers and murdered children. Those ultimately responsible still have a job. The whole thing's a fucking disgrace.

Couldn't agree more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back