newborn sleeping?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
whats normal for newbs to sleep? teddys bfing.. he munches for bout half hr.. and then sleeps till next feed.. hes only awake aobut 2 hrs a day??

thats really good for a newborn. Is he up much at night?

no.. thas the thing.. its about 2 hrs a day in total..?? charl was awake loads more

he must be really needing it. He must be getting really good feeds from you to be so content. Well done :cheer:

Let him sleep hun, babies brains are processing all the info and they grow loads too at that point as you know! so they need loads of kip, im happy hes sleeping well - our milk supply must be excllent and providing edwars with all he needs.

Well done you! :cheer:

My baby was like that too - slept ALL the time - I was desperate for her to wake up!

Valentine Xxx

Hnanah slept basically 22 hours a day for exactly 2 weeks... then totally changed, wanted to be 'amused' A vibrating chair became abit of a life savour by 6 weeks.

My mum (whos raised 5 kids) said at the time it was totally normal.

thanks for your replys everyone.. midwife came today and weighed him.. hes put on his loss.. and is now 8lb 8oz.. so he lost 11oz.. went down to 7lb11 a week today so he has put ona good gain :) so you must be right he is having good feeds and doesnt need to be awake.. yippy :)

Finn still sleeps a lot of the day - he's awake for about 2 hrs inbetween naps though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back