• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New weight-is this ok?

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Had Rubes weighed yesterday..she is 13lb 8oz @ nearly 14 weeks...

She was 6lb 11oz born (12 days overdue) and was tiny..she is still in 0-3 clothes and only takes 5oz at each feed (although sheis feeding every hours from1 pm-6pm then sleeps after an 11pm feed though till 6am-7am)

She has chubby little cheeks, and chunky legs (like her mum :rotfl:) but on her weight chart in her red medical record book, she is below average on weight line :think:

People tell me all the time how "bonny" she is....

Don't worry Zoe, it sounds like she's doing just fine. Sam is at the top end of the weight chart, but he's perfectly in proportion and looks adorable.
As long as they are eating well there's nothing to worry about.

:hug:

Thea is below the average too, she is the 25th percentile. She is only 15lbs 1 oz now and she is 28 weeks old! As long as Ruby is gaining steadily then all is well hun, just remember every baby is different.

she sound like she is doing fine hun :hug:

alice is 13lbs 8 oz and was only 6lbs 1 oz when she was born, but she is gaining weight well.

alice still fits in the odd bit of neworn. depends what shop its come from.

our babies are growing up too fast :(

She sounds fine to me hun! Aimee was only 12lb 8oz at 13 weeks and she was 8lb 11oz born. She doing a lot better than Aimee. All babies are so different.

Don't worry yourself about her weight hun, if she's doing everything she's meant too and she's happy then she is doing fine! I was obsessed with Aaron's weight when he was a baby because he was always below average and it drove me insane. I had to stop taking him to be weighed at about 6 months because I worried so much I didn't enjoy the time I had with him. I knew he was perfectly well but I couldn't get over the stupid line in the book! I think if he was weighed now he'd still be under their line but he is perfect!

You concentrate on how happy and gorgeous your little girl is, her weight is perfect :D

Strangeness said:
Don't worry yourself about her weight hun, if she's doing everything she's meant too and she's happy then she is doing fine! I was obsessed with Aaron's weight when he was a baby because he was always below average and it drove me insane. I had to stop taking him to be weighed at about 6 months because I worried so much I didn't enjoy the time I had with him. I knew he was perfectly well but I couldn't get over the stupid line in the book! I think if he was weighed now he'd still be under their line but he is perfect!

You concentrate on how happy and gorgeous your little girl is, her weight is perfect :D

I totally agree with that. I always obsess with Aimees weight. I know shes healthy and devloping fine but as soon as I take her to get weighed and find out she hasn't gained or even lost I start worrying again.

kellie80 said:
Strangeness said:

I totally agree with that. I always obsess with Aimees weight. I know shes healthy and devloping fine but as soon as I take her to get weighed and find out she hasn't gained or even lost I start worrying again.

I'm the same the other way-obsessing over Brody putting so much on! I know he's fine though so that's all that matters! It really is better to try not to worry about weight at all! If she's happy and healthy, as she obviously is, there's no need to worry!
Her weight gain sounds absolutely fine anyway! :hug:

that sounds fine zoe. you are doing a fantastic job with ruby. :clap:

luke is 12 weeks he weighs 10lb 8oz (4lb 4oz born) he is just under the 9th centile but following the same line perfectly. :cheer: :cheer:

as long as she is putting on weight and happy no problems. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back