Hi! New to Forum - Anyone in a similar situation? xx

Flossie

Reaction score
Hi, well me and hubby are finally getting some medical help and I thought it would be nice to share experiences.

I was on depo injections until 3 years ago, we have been :ttc: for 2 years with no luck. For near enough the last 12 months I have had constant bleeding (only small amounts) ovulation tests were always negative.

We saw a consulatant at my local hospital, hubby's:sperm: is normal. I am due to have an ultrasound on my ovaries on the 15th of this month, then I will get an appointment for a laproscopy.

However the bleeding has suddenly stopped over xmas after almost 12 months!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up that this is a good sign!!

But hopefully 2010 will be our year!!!!! good luck to everyone ttc!!

xx

hiya! just thought i'd say a quick hi and welcome you to the forum x

didnt want to read and run..

hope everything goes well on the 15th......fingers crossed

let us know xx

:wave: Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey! :D

:wave: Welcome to Pregnancy Forum :D

I don't know much about depo but it has to be a good sign that the bleeding has stopped! Hopefully 2010 will be a good year for you - good luck :dust: x

Oooh good luck hun, it sounds positive! Let us know how you get on at your appointment :dust:

Thanks for the welcomes, the bleeding has still stopped which is good (I hope). Another week to the ultrasound so fingers crossed everything is normal.

Wishing you the best of luck and welcome :)

Hi Flossie, wellcome to this forum, I'm new to it too, all the girls are great! I had Depo jabs , only the 4 over the year term, and then it took me over a year to fall pregnant afterwards, and I'm sure from falling pregnant with others so much quicker, it was due to the jabs. After the first jab I bleed all the time, just thought my body getting used to it, turns out I could have gone back and had another depo jab straight away to stop the bleeding. My periods stopped after the second jab ish, and then didn't return for a good while after the last jab, so I think it sounds like your body is really gettgin back to normal. I certainly wouldn't have them again! Wishing you all the luck- JJ

:wave: Welcome, Flossie! I had the depo jab for 2 years (quite a few years ago) and it took my body about a year to get "back to normal" (never been normal :rofl:) and that took help from the doc giving me kick-starting hormones as I had no AF for over 9 months after coming off it.

Good luck, lovey and hope it happens for you soon! :dust:

Hi, i was fine while on the depo but when I came off it my periods never started. Then I had to take tablets to start them up again. I had one period, then when it started again it didnt stop for 12 months and now at xmas it stopped out of the blue. I will never have hormonal contraception again! Anyway, ultrasound tomorrow so fingers crossed. Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back