New to combination feeding

Discussion in 'Combination Feeding' started by Clairexx, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Clairexx

Clairexx Well-Known Member

I exclusively breastfed for 9 weeks but have now started to slowly introduce formula. I always intended to start doing this at 12 weeks but started earlier as I got mastitis and needed a break!

M has always fed every 1-2 hours in the day, and every 2-4 hours at night. He is now having 2/3 bottles a day, and being breastfed the rest of the time. I give a bottle at around 8pm and 8am, and sometimes another through the middle of the day. I thought the introduction of formula would make him go longer between feeds, but he is still only going 1-2 hours even after formula! I'm scared I might be over-feeding him by giving him breast so soon after 5oz of formula? Plus, his poo's are ridiculous! He will have at least 1 poo explosion every day, sometimes 2 where it comes out nappy and up legs and back. Again makes me think in over feeding? Am I? Should I try and make him go longer? I've tried with a dummy and can sometimes get him to go 2and a half at max! Very rarely tho. He is now 11 weeks. Help! Xxx

#1 Clairexx, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013