• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New hobbies/boredom ...

nemlin

Reaction score
Hi everyone - please bear with me as this may turn into a long post... :eh:

I'm currently 24 weeks preggers and although I work full time, I am so incredibly bored on my days off, especially when my hubby is working. The reason for this is that for the past 15 years I have had my own horse, who due to my pregnancy is now living with my mum; I never really appreciated just how much time I spent out and about and now I'm struggling to cope with my boredom. I (and hubby) work in the NHS which means shift work/inconsistent days off hence why most of my days off are spent alone (all of my friends tend to have sensible mon-fri jobs!).

I have started cycling, and am trying to go for a decent walk each day to compensate for my extra time and lack of exercise (I just cant sit still :wall2:) but neither exercise really inspires me - so I'm wondering what you have done during pregnancy (or even before?) that I could have a go at; have you made nursery projects, started yoga or something? I have looked into local groups (ie bumps and babies) but due to my crazy work schedule it is very hard to commit to a weekly meeting. Maybe I should just give up work entirely :lol:

Any and all suggestions welcome! I've just been given a sewing machine too - any ideas what I can make?

Thanks x

I come on here a lot lol! I got to the gym most mornings and walk my dog, and I do a lot of creative craft type things. Don't normally knit but have started a blanket for the baby. I love my sewing machine, you could try doing some sort of quilting project for the nursery or make some curtains to match? Even some clothes patterns are good to have a go at on the machine! I'm an architecture student so I've been designing a loft conversion so we have somewhere for a nursery, not sure we'll see it through but keeps me busy now I'm not going to be studying for a year!

I started baking lol! Here's today's batch:
56b3c98e-c424-8ba3.jpg

Choc muffins with White choc chips :) I can't cook at all but I have a go and my oh takes the cakes to work fit him and his work peeps if they r ok! Lol! A basic cake mix is 22p and I use that to make stuff to generally doesn't break the bank! Apart from that I just like doing nothing ha ha! My life is going to change forever in a few weeks and I'm never going to get thus time back so I'm enjoying the rest :)

My hobby use to be cake baking and decorating but since being pregnant I have not really done it. Am worried that I will eat it all and put on all that pregnancy fat that never goes away...

HAve started on a cross stick forever friends teddy bear clock but not always wanting to do that... So am also spending my time reading my pregnancy and baby books.... Think I have also watched Persuasion (Jane Austin) a million times... :)

The cakes are making me hungry... Wondering if I have enough stuff to make some cakes now... :)

I do lots of paper crafty things - currently making Christmas cards (yes really!!!) to sell for charity!!

A couple of years ago I used to read, cross stitch and make cards which I haven't seem to have done for a while because I never have the time.
Now however, I finish work in exactly 3 weeks today!! (Yes 3 WEEKS TODAY!!! WOOP WOOP!!!) lol! So before we get to moving house in July/August and everything being stressy, I'm planning on getting all my stuff out and doing some more stitching and reading. I can't wait!! :D xxx

Well the last couple of weeks I've not really done anything cause I've been too tired... But I was mainly spending my days online (on here, facebook, watching random crap on BBC iPlayer/ITV Player/4OD), reading, playing sudoku (have become kind of addicted lol) and OH has been teaching me to cook :) Yes, I'm going to be a mum in 3 months and I'm only just learning how to cook.... Terrible I know! xx

Well the last couple of weeks I've not really done anything cause I've been too tired... But I was mainly spending my days online (on here, facebook, watching random crap on BBC iPlayer/ITV Player/4OD), reading, playing sudoku (have become kind of addicted lol) and OH has been teaching me to cook :) Yes, I'm going to be a mum in 3 months and I'm only just learning how to cook.... Terrible I know! xx

I can't cook lol!! :) people tell me that when baby ready to ear just got to blend our food down so at least if it's horrid he might not know lol x

I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I'm ok with curries and pasts.... So long as it's veggie style, I can't cook meat at all... Well... I don't trust myself to at least lol x

I completely know what you mean about the horse. I have one too and stopped riding at 5 weeks as the wee rascal put me off - was straight to a&e and blump was fine. They said he was well cushioned in there as I was so early in pregnancy. (Possibly blessing in disguise falling off so early as I would have carried on riding and it would be a lot worse if I fell off now!) I miss it loads though!!

I still go to yard and check on her every day, feed her, brush her etc. I can't wait to start riding again but blump is my priority and I would never have forgiven myself is something bad had happened!! I'm finishing work soon and also wondering what I can do to keep myself occupied. Love the idea of learning to bake but downside is I will eat it all and get fat lol.

Do you like tv series? Maybe you could rent some ie sex and the city, csi (there are loads of seasons so would keep you going for a while)

Thanks for all the replies - I've not been back as have been working my little socks off for the past few days :eh:

I will try all the above ideas - especially the cakes, they look fantastic! Hubby and I have a rare weekend off together so we're off to Ikea to buy loads of baby furniture :dust:Soooooo excited! Hope everyone has a good weekend x x

i have 2 horses and am still riding x when i give up riding i will still spend my spare time with them x im like you if i dont go down to see them(my friend sometimes feeds them) im bored stiff time goes so slow x x bloody hard work but cant live without them x x

I like baking too! Particulary cupcakes... I agree though there is always a risk of pigging out on what you have made! Also like swimming - so relaxing during pregnancy as you're weightless and good excercise too. At least with swimming you can go when is best for you and you're not restricted to certain times which would be better considering your working hours change. I'm going to start an aquanatal class in a couple of weeks time with a friend who's due similar time to me, but as she works shifts we not be able to make it every week. Other than that I enjoy salsa dancing although haven't been lately as the constant turns and spinning can make me feel a bit dizzy at the moment. Fully intend to pick it up again after the birth though x x

I really got into gardening when i was pregnant, and im still hooked. Gotta watch out for the cat poop though which might be around and about!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back