new car!

lisa282

Reaction score
We have just had a new car today, and while I am really pleased with it, Im also really sad to say goodbye to our old one! We have swapped our beloved beautiful Mercedes C Class Coupe for a Peugeot 307. As you can imagine, its a bit of a comedown, but its mostly for financial and practical reasons so I know its the right choice.

Ive been struggling to climb into the back of our mercedes for weeks now, with my expanding bump, and its been really difficult to strap my son into his car seat. He generally climbs into it himself, so that is not a problem, as least I dont have to lift him, but I still have to get right into the car to fasten his seat belt. Its been so awkward!! I was not looking forward to having to get in and out with an infant carrier as well.

So we have taken the, if I might say so, mature and wise decision to get a practical family car rather than a sexy young couple car!! I will miss the merc without a doubt, but I certainly wont miss the money it was costing me to keep it running!

What cars do you guys have and do you plan on keeping them when baby arrives? I think Ive been in denial up till now that Im a mommy with a child, but now with the prospect of 2 kids in the back, it has suddenly hit me! Ah well, I guess we all have to grow up one day! x

Hiya hon!!

Me 2!! I had to say bye to me lickle mx5 and traded her in for a Vauxhall Astra, I do like the new one, but know what u mean, it was hard trading her in...

How u liking your new car??

Remember its not what you drive its how you drive it ;)

:hug:

I bought a big fat estate (with a 2 litre turbo) just before my m/c. Unfortunately I sold my pride and joy for it :(

I do have access to cool cars as my husband and I are petrol heads so I don't really go without.

Hiya hon!!

Me 2!! I had to say bye to me lickle mx5 and traded her in for a Vauxhall Astra, I do like the new one, but know what u mean, it was hard trading her in...

How u liking your new car??

Remember its not what you drive its how you drive it

To be honest, I havent even driven it yet! We were waiting all morning for the postman to bring a cover note so we could tax the thing, but he hadnt come by the time I went to work at 11am. Finished work at 3 but had to fetch my son from nursery so my BF went to pick the car up on his own. Before coming home, he decided to go for a drive and show off to all our mates so it was about 5pm when he got home with the car! I was cooking and then got my son ready for bed so havent been in it yet! Get it to myself all day tomorrow though, so will be going for a good drive! Im a bit nervous to be honest, cos our merc was an automatic so it will be wierd going back to gears after not having them for a while...and a clutch, whats that?!! Can just imagine me crunching the gears for the first couple of miles till I get back in the swing of having a clutch! hehe x

Oh Crikey Lisa!!! It must have been fantastic having a car like that!!!

At present I drive a tatty ford fiesta runabout (locks don't work, mirrors are taped on - quite honestly it's embarrassing! Fortunately the MOT is up soon and it'll never make it through (and it is too small for 3 kids) so I'm going to buy either a Renault Scenic or a Nissan Almera (would preferably like a diesel as they are so much cheaper to run). I've never liked the idea of big cars like that but I need something that can accommodate 3 car seats in the back!!

OH has a 1996 C180 Merc which we usually use for long distance as it has a big boot and is a lovely car to travel in. Not sure how we are going to get around the seat belt thing in the back though as it only has a lap belt in the middle.

Good luck with your new car. I've had 2 peugoets and found them to be very good - they don't seem to rust as much as some other cars!!!

I have a peugeut 206, whihc i know will be a pain when LO arrives, but as we want to migrate to Australia soon there is no point updating with something more practical.

Sandi

I had a Honda Type R until it got stolen in Feb, just agreed a price with the insurance today so will be watching this thread to see what you all have and think of them, cos i need to find something else now!!!
Would be glad of the help :)

You'll be fine hon, honest i felt a bit nervous to start off with it but once i got going i loved it so much it was brilliant!

xx

Hello everyone,

I exchanged my beloved 2 door sporty hatchback for a 5 door Astra.

Obviously don't have baby yet but the car I have is a Vauxhall Astra Design model so it's got lots of luxuries, it's a lovely car with NCAP (4 or 5) I think, and is good to insure, £342.00 per year, I'm 33 with 3 year no claims, it's a 1600 so not too heavy on petrol. It feels sturdy and safe and is a good place to be, it's got lots of things inside with children in mind like you can lock off the rear windows from the front, child locks, etc. The boot is large and easily fits my mamas and papas mpx travel system in. All in all the luxury of a larger 5 door car but still has a sporty feel with partial leather trim inside and alloys, fogs, spoiler etc.

I have a three door at the moment but will be upgrading to a 5 door soon :cheer:

The dog is looking forward to having a bigger back seat all to himself. I haven't reminded him that he'll have to share from September onwards :D

CharlieC said:
Hello everyone,

I exchanged my beloved 2 door sporty hatchback for a 5 door Astra.

Obviously don't have baby yet but the car I have is a Vauxhall Astra Design model so it's got lots of luxuries, it's a lovely car with NCAP (4 or 5) I think, and is good to insure, £342.00 per year, I'm 33 with 3 year no claims, it's a 1600 so not too heavy on petrol. It feels sturdy and safe and is a good place to be, it's got lots of things inside with children in mind like you can lock off the rear windows from the front, child locks, etc. The boot is large and easily fits my mamas and papas mpx travel system in. All in all the luxury of a larger 5 door car but still has a sporty feel with partial leather trim inside and alloys, fogs, spoiler etc.

I have the same car too exactly!!!

I love it!!!

x Do you mind if i ask who u insure yours with??

x

Hi Steelgoddess! (We are car twins! LOL)

I'm insured with Sheila's Wheels, got the quote from comparethemarket.com and it was the cheapest. It was a really good deal!

I love my Astra too!

TTFN x

I need to change my car. It's a 3 door Corsa so I'm changing it for a 5 door, probably another Corsa because I like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back