new born gift ideas?

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey girls, wasnt really sure where to put this

My friend just had her second baby girl yesterday, she already has a girl whos 2 and a half.

Looking for gift ideas? normally i would buy a cute little outfit but i know she has LOADS of cute girl stuff already as her wee one got loads

I was thinking gift card so she could get something she needed but thought she might not be able to get out and about to use it.

I'm useless :wall2:, any ideas ladies?

Could you get something personalised for the baby so its something special just for her hunny? x x

ooooh thats a good idea M2A :) will look at what things you can get personalised!

What about a personalised keepsake box.

When friends have babies I handmake keepsake boxes then add a few little items for baby and something for mum x

You get loads of personalised baby things on ebay - and everything is so cute! xx

I think a gift card is a good idea if you struggle to find something. I hope we get gift cards so we can get stuff we need as and when :) xx

I always think a nice nursey rhyme book or something, osbourne do the loveliest books, really nice to keep x

or maybe a box done up pretty with baby baths, washes, talcs wet wipes that kind of thing in always come in handy x

One of my sisters friends makes personalised gifts for babies / children - I''ve got a couple of my friends the cushions with the babies names on for mum to have in the nursery when feeding - a nice thing they can keep. websiite is www.whileislasleeps.co.uk

Although they're not the cheapest gifts ever, deleivery is free and she wraps them lovely!!

My friend has asked for a basket of bits for her, like shampoo, conditioner, and bits and bobs, as her hubby is not the best at that sort of thing, and she said she will get loads from friends for the baby.

Thanks girls! great ideas

i'm going shopping today! so hopefully get is sorted! xxx

Someone posted a photoframe on here with spaces for a pic every month untill the baby is 1 from next! I loved it and thinking of getting one for my MIL and filling it up for her!

aww, that sounds lovely! i had a look in next online but never thought of picture frame!

how about a cast set - so they can do a foot or hand cast of the little one?
I would love one of those :p

Found a great personalised gift.. if you could get a photo of the baby and the little girl you can get the image printed onto a phone case!! its fab i love mine have two boys 4 and 6 and i have their cheeky faces on mine!! I recommend likemycase as i have used them before i recieved an email with their valentines voucher code BEMINE10 where you get 15% off!! It looks so cute, every mother should have one lol. xx

Prepare a little pamper hamper for your friend. The baby will get loads but the moms always get forgotten x x

I've got my friends baby shower on sat an have done her a hamper with all the essentials (talc, wipes, bath bits) plus teething ring, book toy etc. I did it for my other friend too who said it was fantastic to know you had the backup in the early days!

I did a hamper for my sister, with bits for her and baby.

I think nappy cakes are a good idea x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back