Gift ideas

Emma58

Reaction score
It's my Mum's 50th very soon.

I have no idea what to get her but would like to buy her something that would be a nice keepsake (but not Jewellery she has loads).

Does anyone have any good ideas for me?

How about a family photo in a nice frame?

My mum loves photographs, especially of the grandchildren!

fo my Mum's 50th I bought a fancy photo album - it was wooden and I got the front engraved.

I filled it with pics of her parents, then her as a child, meeting my Dad, me and my brothers and sister right through to her grandchild (she just had one then).

I'm liking the photo idea :D

She is actually really easy to buy for but with it being her 50th i'd like to buy her something meaningful and i'm lacking inspiration at the minute.

for my mums 50th i wrote her a poem, got her a little photo album that she can keep in her purse and filled it with pics of me and my brothers from when we were small to now and also i got her a newspaper from the day she was born.

SarahH said:
fo my Mum's 50th I bought a fancy photo album - it was wooden and I got the front engraved.

I filled it with pics of her parents, then her as a child, meeting my Dad, me and my brothers and sister right through to her grandchild (she just had one then).

Ooh this is a great idea!! I did this electronically (http://www.snapfish.com) for my parent's 30th anniversary and my grandparents 60th anniversary. I got loads of old photos and scanned them in and then arranged them in order - as it was an anniversary it started with them meeting before children, getting married, the birth of the children etc. etc. and because it was all scanned in photos lots of relatives were happy to loan their pics to me to scan and then return to them.

Snapfish call them Photobooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back