xmas gifts help

trixipaws

Reaction score
i suck at gift ideas! especially children, i just dont kno what kids are interested in at different ages. can anyone help me with ideas these are the childrens presents i need to get.

my three nieces, aged 6, 5, and 18 months

my boyfs twin nieces, aged 6 months

my girl friends daughter aged 21 months

and of course my own daughter aged 6 months

is that bad that i cant even think of anything for my own?! i could get clothes but thats a bit boring for a gift coz theyre a necessity and xmas gifts should be a treat but she loves simple things like magazine pages and sweet wrappers! my mums already gone mad buying her building blocks, big books that squeak, rattley things, teddies etc so i cant think of anything original!
and what sort of things would my older nieces like?
HELP

maybe for the older girls bratz and dora?? i think most girls that age are into them or you can never go wrong with dolls lol
for your little girl how about one of them walking things that start off as a toy but then change to help them walk iykwim
not sure about the others though sorry
manda xx

for the older ones crafty things, even if you go to a craft shop and make up your own box with feathers, sequins, bits of fabric, diferant coloured card, childsafe glue etc etc.

the 21 month old a sing along DVD like 'fun song factory'

For Matilda I am buying her one of the walker things like manda224 suggested, also want to get her something to 'bang' have seen a great fisher price one with a little hammer and bang on the 'eggs' and it plays tunes or says letters/numbers. my bruv has bought her a baby walker which she's already using and I have also asked for a singing nursery rhyme book, a sit and stand giraffe, a crawl and roll mirror etc. things to stimulate her and encourage her to crawl/walk etc.

TBH we're not going mad as she's too young to understand yet and things here are soooooo expensive

have you thought about early learning centre.. i went online and got all kids in family stuff from there... you choose age group and brings you toys up for that group :hug:

Books or craft things. I was talking about this the other day with Jed and we were saying how when we were little our aunts always used to buy us them big packs of felt tip pens and big scrap books and big drawing pads. They obvioulsy didnt know what to get us but what they got us were our favourite presents!!! All kids love pens and paper :wink:

Oh and books, you can't go wrong with a book. Isaac has loads, I tell people to buy them so we don't end up over run with lots of plastic, noisy, big, irritating toys that he hardly ever plays with lol

This year I went through the smyths, argos and early learning catalogues and made a list of presents for people to get him and everyone has shared them out between them. I wasn't being cheeky, everyone asked me to do it! That way theres also no doubling up of presents which happened last year :roll:

oh this post is well long. Sorry :oops:

for my sister who is 8 and my other sister who is 19 and her son 4 months i made a little box of presants, i dont know if youve seen them in the works book shop the boxes that you build from a flat pack, and i put little presants inside eg
8 year old sis arts and crafts stuff toys
19 year old sis jewellry pjs etc
4 month nephew clothes, book for the bath etc
hope that helps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90