New & Apprehensive

mikid

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am currently 7 weeks and 3 days into my first pregnancy.

Am so excited about being a mom, but can't help but worry that something will go wrong...or even worse, when I finally receive my scan date, I'll get there and they'll tell me there's no baby there (I know I sound completely irrational!)

I've been extremely tired (seems to be getting a little better the last day or two), have really sore boobs, feel kind of bubbly in my tummy and almost like I'm not really here... my husband says it's like I'm a different person?!

Would love to hear about your experiences and how you're getting on with your pregnancies.

xx

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations!!!

Dont worry, I think everyone seems to think the same as you, I know I did (and still do!) but I got a lot of support from the girls on here and they really do help.

I had really bad morning sickness for a few weeks and then it all stopped, am always extremely tired and seem to have a split personality!! So dont worry all of that seems to be normal lol

Im going for my first scan on thursday and from the minute I got the scan date through (which was about 6weeks ago!) I have done nothing but be really excited one minute and petrified about it the next... I guess the only thing we can all do is just wait and enjoy it and look forward to the first scan, keep positive hun, we're all here for you!

:hug:

hI MIKID. i too am very anxious but think that by sharing your thoughts like you have done will make you feel better (well i hope so any way). I have a bad back (dont think is pregnancy related more like overdone swimming!) and some very small twinges and cramps (apparently normal) i would love to relax and enjoy the pregnancy but cant help worrying. think thats only natural. i hope that you feel better about things soon xx

Hiya, firstly congrats!
I have had really bad tiredness and sickness, but still had the worries about nothing being there when I went for scan so I completely understand that! Also feel like I'm not myself, I hear myself having conversations with people and I'm completely on autopilot, I'm sure people are looking at a vacant expression because it's like I forget to actually get involved in what they're saying....
I'm pretty much hating being pregnant, but then when you see that scan pic or read how your baby is progressing, it makes it all worth it :)

Hello
I know exactly how you feel - sometimes I feel really excited and other times I'm really worried. The rest of the time I'm too tired to worry! I came home early from work today and had a two hour nap! I am about six and a half weeks so its still early days!! I am looking into an early pregnancy scan, maybe for next week. The website says that they can see the heart beat from about seven weeks but that you might need the transvaginal thingie if they can't see it on the standard ultrasound. I'm not sure if that means I'm a bit of a drama queen but I hope it will make me have more excited and less nervous feelings. I'll keep you posted with how it goes if you like!

Congrats and welcome to Tri1,

I am 7 plus 6 days today, so our dates are close together , although I have a hunch I might get changed by upto a week as may have ov'd late and took ages to get a BFP after AF due. I have been very tired and sleepy and have a bad case of pregnant brain where I am also so different to my normal switched on self! Think of it as a good sign that something is going on in there and must be helping the pregnancy.

You are completly normal to worry about the scan, all of us do, but it's really a tiny percentage that ever have a problem by the time you get to scanning stage.

looking forward to your pregnancy journey X

Thanks ladies, its good to know i'm not the only one!
Glou, definitley keep us updated with your scan, i've heard a few ladies on here have had early scans... Do they only allow them if there are complications or can you push for one regardless? I'd love one i'm so impatient the sooner the better!
I do feel better for getting it off my chest, we've only told our parents and its been so long since they were pregnant they can't really sympathise too well so it's lovely to hear how you girls are doing :)
Thankyou for the warm welcome and reassurances!
X

Hiya, I know how you feel. I am 4-5 weeks according to a cb digi test. Unsure of my exact weeks and days because I have irregular cycles and I didnt track when I ov.

I am trying keep positive and accept what will be will be and hopefully that means this will be a baby I get to take home.

This forum is fantastic as we are all going through the same thing, the re-assurances really do help.

I can't get enough of this forum either - though I haven't properly introduced myself! Hello all!
I've been looking into private scans as I haven't even seen my GP yet - got an appointment next Wednesday.
Haven't 100% decided to do the early scan yet- its £100.00 and somewhere in London. I'm justifying the cost as I am getting cramps on my right-hand side more than anywhere else (like a stitch) so I just want to rule out an eptopic . I'm waiting to hear back from them but I'm definitely interested!

glou, i was only saying today i felt like i had stitch on and off on my left side... Didn't realise that could be a sign? Perhaps i should call my gp? Let us know how u get on x

Oh no, I don't want to make you worry mikid! I hope its okay because it doesn't really hurt but I can't help worrying. I'll keep you posted with the scan. I'm going to call them later to see what they think and if this time next week would be a good time to get it. I'm seeing my GP on Tuesday for the first time so I'll ask then too. Let me know if you find out anything!

glou don't worry, was just having a moment... Haven't felt the stitch type thing since then so decided i was bein silly! Hope your feeling ok, any news on your scan?
Got my appointment booked today, 22 june so only two weeks and 4 days to wait! I'll be just over 10 weeks then so i guess a little early but can't wait, think i'll feel loads better after that.
Hope everyone else is doing ok :) xx

oohh, how exciting. I've booked the early scan for 2pm next Thursday! Can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back