Never been so violated... consultant and sweep.

aramintalovegrove said:
Chelle said:
aramintalovegrove said:
Lots of pain but no action think I will need to be induced on thurs at this rate:(

Thanks for asking Chelle :hug:

Me and Hubby walked DS to school and then went into town, looked like a nutter walking around nearly fainting and crying ooch-luckily the folk of Mansfield seem to get up late so it was only pensioners that saw me :lol: Excessive walking has now killed me and been in bed since

How are you going Chelle? If you hold on till next thursday we can be birthing buddies :lol:

OMG! Are you going to Kings Mill hospital by any chance? I am! Only just noticed you are from Notts same as me :D

I'm doing ok thanks :hug: My sweep today was fine. She said my cervix is thinned and i'm 2cm dilated :cheer: Not had any pain or bleeding since so not feeling very hopeful :wall: We went for a walk this afternoon too as instructed by midwife. My induction is booked for 8.30am on 2nd Oct. Hopefully we will both have had our LO's by then :pray:

Yup and My induction is booked for 8am that same day!!!! What a coincidence, we might be screaming at the same time down the corridoor from each other!!!
Glad your swep went well mine made me bleed heavily and blumming hurt :pray: our Lo's wont make us wait till Thursday!

Wow :D that will be great if we are there at the same time (even tho we are both hoping to have popped by then :pray: ) Keep in touch and I will keep an eye out for your posts and see how you are getting on :cheer: I still feel fine and have no pains or any signs :( so not looking very likely so far. Hope you have better luck :hug:

Hope things start for you. I also had a sweep today and my midwife reckons they're not as effective if done before 40 weeks or just at 40 weeks :(

We'll see eh.

It's normal to have a bit of bleeding afterwards. I've had spotting all day and this evening strong braxton hicks and backache but I think that's normal too after a sweep.

So envious that you're induction date is next week though, got to wait till the 8th for mine.

chelle - i had a consultant appt as once youre overdue here your term+ appt is with your "allocated" consultant (at the beginning of your pregnancy youre allocated one for if you have any complications).
ive had horrendous backache since my appointment, its either coz ive now been told baby is back2back or something else.... not thinking its early labour backache as its been 3 days now. hopefully the MW on monday can try a sweep again & my body will be more favourable as ill be just over 41 weeks then. :pray: I REALLY dont want to end up being induced.... well dont want the drip anyway. Hope it all goes well for you guys.

xx

kerryp said:
chelle - i had a consultant appt as once youre overdue here your term+ appt is with your "allocated" consultant (at the beginning of your pregnancy youre allocated one for if you have any complications).
ive had horrendous backache since my appointment, its either coz ive now been told baby is back2back or something else.... not thinking its early labour backache as its been 3 days now. hopefully the MW on monday can try a sweep again & my body will be more favourable as ill be just over 41 weeks then. :pray: I REALLY dont want to end up being induced.... well dont want the drip anyway. Hope it all goes well for you guys.

xx

It must be different here as my appointment with the midwife yesterday was my last one and i was 6 days over. I have had 11 midwife appointments in total (1st one was at 8 weeks so we were not late in finding out or anything) and 2 scans at the hospital. I'm not complaining as I have been very lucky and not had any complications, but it's always nice to see the midwife and be reassured everything is ok, and sometimes my appointments have felt a really long time inbetween, and people have asked me if I have had a hospital appointment which I haven't. Anyway, enough of that, the end is in sight thank goodness!!! :D

I don't want to be induced either. I am starting to prepare myself for it tho, as it's been nearly 24 hours since my sweep and I have had no pains or bleeding or anything :( Because of lack of signs i'm also wondering if baby will actually come out ok. I'm thinking it might take all 3 tablets and maybe drip, then foreceps and even c-section. I know this is my mind running away with itself but I feel this baby just does not seem to be ready to come out!! :(

:pray: :pray: :pray: that tonight is the night for all of us and all our LO's come naturally :pray: :pray: :pray:

Chelle said:
kerryp said:

xx

It must be different here as my appointment with the midwife yesterday was my last one and i was 6 days over. I have had 11 midwife appointments in total (1st one was at 8 weeks so we were not late in finding out or anything) and 2 scans at the hospital. I'm not complaining as I have been very lucky and not had any complications, but it's always nice to see the midwife and be reassured everything is ok, and sometimes my appointments have felt a really long time inbetween, and people have asked me if I have had a hospital appointment which I haven't. Anyway, enough of that, the end is in sight thank goodness!!! :D

I don't want to be induced either. I am starting to prepare myself for it tho, as it's been nearly 24 hours since my sweep and I have had no pains or bleeding or anything :( Because of lack of signs i'm also wondering if baby will actually come out ok. I'm thinking it might take all 3 tablets and maybe drip, then foreceps and even c-section. I know this is my mind running away with itself but I feel this baby just does not seem to be ready to come out!! :(

:pray: :pray: :pray: that tonight is the night for all of us and all our LO's come naturally :pray: :pray: :pray:

Dont be scared Hun :hug:

TBH I think we all think worse case scenario and its prob a good thing as anything better is a huge bonus. I have been induced with DS and can honestly say that if I could have a choice I would be induced again as I fear the unknown of starting off natually. As the ladies who have just had their Lo keep telling us you forget quickly after once you have them on your arms, dont forget that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back