nesting instinct ?? did u go through it ?

rhian85

Reaction score
just woundering if and how many of u girls went mad with cleaning before u babas arrived??? if so how soon before u had baby did u "spring clean" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went mad! I became really obsesive (sp?) and OH was starting to worry about me, he even spoke to my M/W! She told him it was normal! I cleaned every day from 37 weeks and went mad over the tinyest little stain or spillage! I think I went a bit insane for a while!

I waited very patiently for the "nesting instinct" to kick in............and I waited and waited..........!

In the end I had an elective c-section and my hubby cleaned the house from top to bottom whilst I was in hospital :lol:

i had it, but at about 24 weeks then as soon as i got home and was able too the whole kitchen was bleached and a new cleaning rota put in place.

funnily enough my friend asked the day before i went into labour if i was nestivng yet and i said "PAH, me, nesting that wont happen for 2 weeks, shes obviously going to be late!"

:lol:

yeah i did when i was about 8 months pregnant :)

I washed all the clothes I bought for baby but that's about it. My friend, however, is only 4 months pregnant and she has become a total germ freak it's so funny :lol:

:shakehead: Nope and i was looking forward to Enjoying a good clean as was my house :lol:

I was too poorley in tri 3 to do much really

I went a on a bit of a cleaning spree once I'd finised work but I don't think it was 'nesting', just boredom and cleaning products got involved!

I loved the last 8 weeks of being pregnant. Everyone says they were the worst but I was so full of energy that I cleaned the house from top to bottom!

I didn't think I did - till I found myself scrubbing cupboards at half past midnight about 2 weeks before I gave birth. :lol;

chelsea said:
i had it, but at about 24 weeks then as soon as i got home and was able too the whole kitchen was bleached and a new cleaning rota put in place.

funnily enough my friend asked the day before i went into labour if i was nestivng yet and i said "PAH, me, nesting that wont happen for 2 weeks, shes obviously going to be late!"

:lol:

see the last week i have been the same i cant hae mess anywhere usualy i think ohh sodd it but not the last week the house has been spotless :shock: how long after ur cleanign spree did u go into labour hun were u early ?

she came one day before due date lol

but i didnt really nest at the end lol

not really cleaning, more sorting through things and organising - which was useful because i'd just moved house!

i went abit mad!! :oops:
i did not just clean,i decorated,painted and laid floor tiles! this was even the night before i was induced!
i had OC so rather then have a sleepness night i cleaned/tidied and prepared most rooms for LO's arival! :lol: :D

I am getting a bit obsessive about organising drawers and stupid things.

Yesterday I sat down with my HUGE basket of assorted ribbons and spent three hours colour grouping them and neatly wrapping them around card board..... i was so pleased with myself too!

I'm hoping this continues a it looks as I'm moving soon and will need the urge to pack!

Yes I did, big stlyee! I cleaned the house top to bottom. Cleaned out all of my cupboards and decorated every room in the house in 1 and a half weeks.

we was still living with my dad till LO got to 4 months.
My dad an brother loved it I cleaned everywhere. all the time even with my dodgy hips and back I found myself hoovering the stairs etc

Yeah, it started a few weeks back. Just low-level at first but I'm pretty much in the throes of it now. I've washed down walls, organised cupboards and drawers, cleaned every inch of skirting, shampooed rugs, scrubbed floors. I even started on the outside of the house last weekend. I ran out of places :lol:

At the mo, I'm trying to resist the urge to re-gloss some doors. I know baby won't give a toss if there's a bit of wear and tear but I can't stop noticing scratches and the like :shakehead:

And woe betide anyone who drops anything on my carpet :talkhand:

I went mad the day before labour started... was on my hands and knees scrubbing floors...this NEVER happens!

I remember OH standing there saying " This means baby is on its way"

How right he was :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back