Nesting Instinct?

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
I just cant seem to understand?..Ive read that you go on massive cleaning frenzies when you get the nesting instinct but to be honest i haven't really been feeling anything. If anything ive been feeling completely the opposite, i could quite happily eat my dinner, put the plate on the table and not bother moving it until later and sleep really..Surely this would drive a pregnant woman with the nesting instinct insane? ;O

I just feel completely odd! :|..Ive heard that you have this massive burst of energy in the 3rd trimester and all im feeling is the sheer tiredness!, i could literally sleep for england and not wake up for another year?

When did everyone else get their nesting instinct?..Or is it me being lazy!:lol:

I had mine about 3- 4 weeks ago! It laste a while! I've lost it now!!!
Now I can see the dust and dirt, and it does bother me- but not enough to do anything about it!
I have promised myself that in the morning I will sweep the floors, Hoover and dust! Apart from that I plan on snoozing tomorrow!!! Ha ha ha!!!

im going through that nesting stage now, love cleaning lol xxx

I didn't start till about 33 weeks hun but it's different for every one, my SIL didn't start till 2 days before she had her daughter. U might be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get it, it's annoying me atm cuz everything is done and I'm bored now! :)

Dont worry hun, ive not had it either. I just have something called the sleep sydrome i think. I do nothing but sleep. I am always tired. I get up and 1 hour later im tired again. I sleep every afternoon. I do get a little bit on energy late afternoon. Other than that im just lazy xxx

Nesting???? What's that?????? I'm just about managing to do my daily chores, I've not had any urges for nesting although I am looking forward to sorting out the moses basket etc but that's not nesting imo xxxxxxxxx

Nup, Nesting doesn't exist in my world lol although I sometimes think my hubby would be really pleased if it did....

I look at the floor and 'think' i should really hoover soon but then can't be arsed to do it :) and leave it for hubby, the hoover is really heavy that's my excuse :)

I wouldn;t panic too much I am sure at some point you will want to do something clean and tidy...

xxxx

Nup, Nesting doesn't exist in my world lol although I sometimes think my hubby would be really pleased if it did....

I look at the floor and 'think' i should really hoover soon but then can't be arsed to do it :) and leave it for hubby, the hoover is really heavy that's my excuse :)

I wouldn;t panic too much I am sure at some point you will want to do something clean and tidy...

xxxx

Hahahaha my OH bought me a lightweight hand held hoover but I've buried it in the cupboard under loads of heavy stuff that "I just cannot move, I'm sorry" :D

mine has come in fits and starts. Everything last week and the scare set me off. I personally think AJ only does it to kick my arse in gear otherwise I would it on my arse all day watching Jeremy Kyle and eating. lol.

wk 28 is bit too early to get it. im wk 38 and still dont feel like ive had it, but im making myself clean a bit each day as im scared he will be here soon and dont want him coming to a pig sty. Maybe i do have it, but i dont feel the big burst of energy to do it all like most women describe.

MW said it usually comes few days before ur gonna give birth, but some women get it for wks.

Average time is about wk 37 i think

i dont think mine has been nesting as its normal behaviour for me to clean lots when im off work and i get bored. i cant sit down all day watching tv so after a few days of mat leave i was cleaning and sorting stuff. just so happened that babys stuff was what needed sorting out. im still doing it now, i do the dishes a lot more often than usual and im washing clothes as soon as there is enough for a load in the machine lol. its purely boredom here tho cos i dont feel useful if im not doing something during the day

I never got it. I kept waiting for it to happen and LO arrived instead. Lol.

Xxx

I must be weird I never nest!!! I didnt with Thomas and have this time xx

xxxx

Hahahaha my OH bought me a lightweight hand held hoover but I've buried it in the cupboard under loads of heavy stuff that "I just cannot move, I'm sorry" :D

OH mentioned the other day he had seen a lightweight hoover that he was thinking of buying, I managed to get out of it by saying 'but bubba we can use that money for something we actually need :)' he fell for it lol :lol::whistle::dance:

I have had a tiny burst of nesting energy this morning!!! Floors downstairs have all been swept and hoovered! Three toilets and sinks cleaned and now sparkling!!!! Now I'm sitting down an don't feel like doing any more.

Weird isn't it! I haven't felt like that for just over a week - and I woke up this morning desperate to clean!

I didn't get it the first time I was pregnant! Xxx

I'm sitting here eating cake and waiting for my new furniture, that's about my nesting limit lol

i've done all the stuff i normally do, load the dishwasher (which is becoming increasingly difficult but harry gets in the way) and wiped the surfaces and tidied up after hubby last night, the big things like hoovering i only do once a week because i dont have any pets or anything so there really is no need for me to do it. i did mop the laminate in the hall way, kitchen and downstairs toilet. i have got a big basket of washing to put away but i've done enough, now relaxing with a well deserved cuppa! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back