Nervously saying hello :wave:

MrsLG

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i am new here and wanted to say hi:oooo: i dont really have any close friends who are/have been pregnant and am feeling a bit lost to be honest and was hoping to make some new friends here...My estimated due date is the 22nd of December and this will be our first baby, :) any ftm or expert mums out there looking for a clueless new friend?

*big wave, jumping up and down* Hi! Congrats and welcome. You'll find lots of advice and support here :)

Hiya!! Welcome to the forum! I've been using it since ttc and it's full of lovely ladies who are here to answer any questions or just to listen when you need a moan.
I don't have many friends who have kids either- none of my close friends do. Bit daunting isn't it! I am a little behind you due date wise so perhaps you will be able to fill me in on what is to come!! Have you had an early scan or anything yet? Or are you waiting for the 12week one? Xx

Yay welcome
Browse the threads and join in
We don't bite :) xxxx

Hi there, I'm pretty hopeless too but I wanted to welcome you. :) xx

Hello and welcome to the forum. You'll be addicted before you know it. Everybody is lovely on here x

Hello! I'm pretty much in the same boat, my due date is December 23rd, don't worry you'll find lots of friendly people here :) x

Hello! I'm a fellow clueless ftm. Welcome and Congratulations!xxx

Hi Everyone, :wave: Aw thank you for all the lovely, warm welcomes! :) hope you are all feeling well?

Hi Naomi88 - id be glad to fill you in on my experience so far, :) symptoms so far have included - nausea for a week around week 8-9 (ladies who have actually been sick and still work i bow down to you! I struggled just with nausea!), been really tired the last couple of weeks, sore boobs (on and off) bloating (all the time!) and my newest 'symptom' (which started a few weeks ago) shooting pains from my back, down my bum to my legs! Midwife told me its my uterus stretching and pushing on nerves and that it is quite common....oh and trapped wind :blush: first time i had this i was so worried as it felt like something was seriously wrong but nope - turned out to be my slow digestive system! :Lol:. Hope you are feeling well so far?

Actually just got my letter with my first (12 week) scan date yesterdday, :) 14th June! Woohoo! So excited but nervous too - does anyone else not really feel pregnanct yet? :oooo: im worried that i'll get my scan and that it wont show anything, :( xx

Nobody feels pregnant until the scan is evidence that there is in fact something in there lol

Symptoms are the only give away, and the fact a little line appears when we pee on a stick!

There's loads of ppl here to talk to to express symptom concerns, share good news, rant about your work or OH

Very few of us are experienced but its nice to know there's plenty of people in the same boat as you xxx

Hi MrsS143, :) Thank goodness for that! I guess I just thought that if I ever got pregnant I would vomit all the time and because I've not been sick once it freaks me out a bit! :oooo: Never thought i'd actually be hoping that i'd be sick! lol.

Does anyone have any food cravings yet? So far I LOVE salt and vinegar crisps - can't get enough of them (and I used to hate them!) - I blame my hubbie - he is a huge fan - its definitely his baby in there! ;) :lol: xx

Pickley stuff
Mainly cocktail pickles and pickled monster munch
My mouth is actually salivating at the thought and its not even 9am!

Mmmmm pickled silverskin onions! Yum! Okay - I'm hungry - again! ;-) :lol: xx

Chips....not that I didn't enjoy them before, but I can't pass them up now. But need small portions because I feel sick all the time lol

My cravings were salt and vinegar mccoys, or mars bars and orange fanta.

Thankfully, my cravings have settled down a bit now :)

Hello and welcome to Tri 1. I am due on 18/12/13 so very near you.

I am not feeling pregnant yet at all I am the same as you just hoping at the scan everything is good. I am tecnically high risk because of my epilepsy which worries me more.

We got the scan date last week on 10th June, the days are going so slow I am very excited and very nervous.

Also I am having a pickle craving too eating ploughmans sandwiches for lunch.

Hi Mrs LG!

You sound very similar to me. I'm a ftm as well - no close friends with babys, a couple at work with older kids but thats it. I'm due 26th Dec and my scan is on 14th June as well. I'm also seriously freaking out about there not being anything there at the scan - not for any logical reason, just because I'm a big worrier and so want this baby!

I'm also loving the salt and vinegar crisps. And chips. Lots of chips. Yet I've lost weight?!

Hope your feeling good today

purple_pianos

Hi Everyone, :wave: Aw thank you for all the lovely, warm welcomes! :) hope you are all feeling well?

Hi Naomi88 - id be glad to fill you in on my experience so far, :) symptoms so far have included - nausea for a week around week 8-9 (ladies who have actually been sick and still work i bow down to you! I struggled just with nausea!), been really tired the last couple of weeks, sore boobs (on and off) bloating (all the time!) and my newest 'symptom' (which started a few weeks ago) shooting pains from my back, down my bum to my legs! Midwife told me its my uterus stretching and pushing on nerves and that it is quite common....oh and trapped wind :blush: first time i had this i was so worried as it felt like something was seriously wrong but nope - turned out to be my slow digestive system! :Lol:. Hope you are feeling well so far?

Actually just got my letter with my first (12 week) scan date yesterdday, :) 14th June! Woohoo! So excited but nervous too - does anyone else not really feel pregnanct yet? :oooo: im worried that i'll get my scan and that it wont show anything, :( xx

Welcome Naomi!

Everyone is so welcoming and lovely on here and any time you have any quesitons, fears or just want a moan then it's the perfect place to vent and seek advice. I have many friends who have had babies but as I'm only around 7 weeks I haven't told any of them so this forum is a huge support.

As for symptoms, touch wood no real sickness yet which is a relief, I agree that I have no idea how anyone copes with that and managed to go to work! I've had the bloated, trapped wind, consitpation though and also cramps and sore boobs - all of which are bearable really. Oh and the nosebleeds. Usually one a day. Really embarrassing when you're in a meeting and blood starts running down your lips. I now carry tissues with me wherever I go!

I've got my first mw appointment on 8th June and scan 8th July. It's been the slowest two weeks of my life since finding out I was pregnant! I don't think I'll fully believe it until the scan.

Anyway - welcome and please share your experiences! It's good to share x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back