Negative results but still convinced.....

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Hello. I am 31 and have 2 daughters (13 and 11) from a previous marriage, and my fiance and I have been trying for a year.

Heres the thing - with my 2 previous pregnancies I had negative home tests to begin with but I just knew. This means I dont trust home tests so much, and I suspect that I just might produce low levels of hcg in pregnancy, though this has never been confirmed.

I am now 10 days late, based on a 28 day cycle, and while my cycle can be slightly eratic this is the longest cycle ive experienced being 38 days now! I had 2 negative tests, one on friday and 1 this morning.

I dont have sore boobs or anything but I am bloated, slightly sick and my sense of smell seems heightened. im passing a hell of a lot of wind - much to the amusement of my partner, and I have been getting slight cramps on and off all week - almost like im about to come on but then nothing happens. Im also extremely stroppy and getting worked up over nothing, but thats also how I get when im due on :twisted:

Has anyone else had false negatives or know how common this is?

Thanks, Jax x

Friend of mine was telling me just the other day that she had negative tests until she was about 2 months pregnant!

I was 14 days late before i got a positive result,good luck hun :hug: xx

Thanks for your replies :)

I think im pretty convinced, we just "know" sometimes right?

Im in the office on my own right now as all my surveyors are out on site, and im having a little cry to myself lol

I guess I just want to know for sure so that I can start planning, its horrible not knowing!

Oh yeah sometimes you just know,i was convinced i was pregnant and was getting through test after test, all negative until finally i got my BFP,really hope you get yours soon :hug: xx

Thanks for that, its good to know im not the only one who struggles with tests!

I'll keep you posted :hug:

I did 7 pregnancy tests and was 14 days late before mine showed as a positive!!!!!!!!

Fingers corssed for you!

Lyndsey

lots of wind was prolly my first symptom although i had no idea it was coz i was pregnant.my nephew stayed with us the week before i found out and it caused him great amusement.

hope you get a BFP soon

Yeah lots of wind....I dont remember being this gassy before lol, havnt let one rip at the office yet but im sure it will happen soon :oops:

I got a BFN and waited a few days before getting my BFP, I wasnt late but just "knew" I was PG too, I was so sure and I was right!! :cheer:

Good luck and keep positive :hug:

Well turns out I WAS pregnant, but not anymore.

I had what I assumed was a very bad and very late period on thursday, but my bf phoned nhs direct to be on the safe side and they suggested we phoned out of hours which we did, who then asked us to go in which we did.

Turns out it was either an eptopic that sorted itself out or a miscarriage, they took a urine sample and blood test at 6am that showed positive but then after more bleeding and a scan 6 hours later, there was nothing there, and another test showed negative.

We're a little sad obviously, but just glad it happened when it did at just 6 weeks and not later on.

The same thing happened back in January so ive got a docs appointment to a/ get some patches and get off the evil sticks for good, and b/ to see if there could be any underlying problems.

Back to the charting I guess!

Hi

So sorry hun wish you all the best for the future.
xxKatrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back