Needing some advice

charlotte7891

Reaction score
Hi girls, first of all, congratulations on all your BFPs!

yesterday i found out im pregnant, 6 days after my missed period. Im totally in shock and cant seem to take it in at all.
Im 25, and I already have a daughter, shes 6, and only been with my current partner for 3 months, although im pretty sure hes 'the one' its all a bit too soon. I'll be due march 13th and my daughters birthday is March 23rd :wall2:
Im supposed to be starting my first year of uni in september, i still want to try but know its going to be difficult.
Has anyone else not felt so over the moon when they first got their BFP? is it normal to be so anxious?

I was happy but worried and still worry about the fact that I found out I was pregnant a week before starting my new job! it's a new role I've been employed to specifically do due to my experience and as its a transfer to our sister coming I feel awful for my new boss who head hunted me to move over!

I'm sure all will come together if you let it :) and you'll make it work xx

It is a scary and anxious time, everyone feels like that, so don't feel that you are alone!
With regards to Uni, I would maybe suggest asking them to defer your entry? I had a student who was due in April and although she started in September and had every intention of sitting her exams etc... she failed to do so because it just became so hard. She has ended up re-starting this September and is doing amazingly well. Might be worth considering? x

Last edited:
Awww,

Congrats I was going to start Uni in September still got interviews to attend. I think I'm just going to reapply in September as my course is nursing so will be really full on with placements and I will be due the end of January. I'm sure you will be fine you will only have a cpl mths left after you have our baby then will have a long break, when i did my other degree there was a girl on my course that had a baby in the April of her final year.What course are you doing?

We were ttc and I still felt terrified when I got my bfp! So it's very normal to be anxious hon x

I'm currently at uni now and the plan is for me to continue up until a point where a module ends near my due date and I will defer from them. The course I do is full of lots of placements and short uni blocks but they Uni is very used to students deferring a year. Might be worth a chat with them?

thanks for the replies..
i was thinking about deferring for a year but i know if i did that i wouldn't go at all.. i've put it off long enough already.
I'm doing English language and literature so at least there's no placements.
my bf is so happy, i feel bad for killing his buzz

Hey Charlotte,

Do what you think is right dont let anybody tell you differently. The girl on my law degree managed to do it and got a 2:1. You could always do second semester exams in Aug if you think you may struggle with the May/June exams. Plus some of your assessments may me assignments as well.

We were ttc for just 2 months web I got my bfp and I freaked out! It was meant to take longer, I'm not ready, what if I can't do it, my life is going to change upside down and we've barely been married 2 months ... All that jazz...

Then a few hours later it sunk in and i rightedmyself.. It's a scary time for everyone at first. And you've done it before so you're a step up on me

Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back