Need to start shopping!

Applecider

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Has anyone got a list of stuff I'm going to need to buy for baby? It's our first and would like to prepare. I'm sure kezza had a list somewhere, I just remember it being quite long!

It might be better if I buy an item a week. So far.. A sterilizer. Lol.

Thanks xx

If you go to the mothercare baby and me website pretty sure they have a checklist also there catalogue has one in the back

Jessica
X

Hi

My firend did a list for me - she had her first baby in June, and she used the list that her sister gave her, as a starter for 10.

It is in excel ,but can't seem to attach it even to a Pm - have listed it out below but let me know if you want it as a spreadsheet and can email/send via FB if you like xx

QuantityBaby1Cot1Wardrobe1Chest of Drawers1Changing mat1Toy box1Car seat1Pram1Iso fix15Baby grows2Hat10Muslin cloths6Bibs3Nappies1Breast pump1Steriliser3Bottles3Teats1Feeding cup1Baby chair1Bath seat3Towels1cotton wool balls1Nursery interior furnishings1Cot mattress1Moses basket and stand1Babys first teddy - Trunkie3Cot sheets3Moses sheets3Blankets1Scratch Mitts1Wrap1Changing bag1Formula1Room temp monitor1Nappy bin1Sudocrem1Travel cot1Socks1Baby carrier1Mobile for cot1Baby lotion1Nappy bags1Baby wipesbreast milk storage bags

QuantityMe1Nipple shields1Nipple cream3Knickers1Maternity pjs3Nursing bra3Maternity pads1Maternity sheets1Tens machine1Breast pads1Breast feeding pillow1paracetamol1Toiletries

Applecider - tis come out rubbish when i cut and pasted...send me a PM with some contact details on xx

Also I only have a sterilsier...and a play mat!!

Hey AC! I used kezzas list to make my own list and it has done me well. First thing I bought was a sterilliser too as it was on offer! Just wanted to pop by and say hi :wave: hope everything is going well for u hunny xxx

Thanks for all your replies!! :)

Ur all such a help on this forum.

I'm good thanks pos! How's things for you?? Time has gone so quick since ur bfp!! Going to start the baby's room next week, it needs plastering! Eek.

Have you got everything sorted now xx

I'm the same as pos - I used kazzas list to make mine. It goes right up to weaning, so I took all of that out first ( will worry about that later), then took out stuff for "wrong" feeding method - obviously you don't need everything for bottle & breast - one or the other.

It's def a good place to start.

Xxx

i thought it was, i may have to get a few more but that should be the basic amount sorted at least to start with, and theyre birth to potty so hopefully i can make them work for me. at least at first i will be putting the inners just inside the nappy not in the pocket part as they will need changing often so quicket to just change the insert. first couple of weeks im gonna use disposables while i get bf established....
if all goes to pot then i will deal as it happens lol

Thanks for all your replies!! :)

Ur all such a help on this forum.

I'm good thanks pos! How's things for you?? Time has gone so quick since ur bfp!! Going to start the baby's room next week, it needs plastering! Eek.

Have you got everything sorted now xx

yep all sorted thank you lovely :)

it has flown by for me but the past few weeks have dragged. i would start getting everything now and sorting the nursery early as you won't fancy doing it later on. i'm so glad we are all prepared, except we dont have a buggy yet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back