• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need to rant! - Sorry in advance

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
I'm stuck at work with the boss' wife who swans in for a half a day a few days a week. She's totally stuck in the 80's and has lost her identity since having children (you've probably heard me rant about her before :? ) yesturday I was informed that you can't go out New Year's Eve when you have children?!?!?! :shock: WTF?!?!?! Presumably because children's heads fall off if up past midnight!

Anyway she passes comment on EVERYTHING! And I mean everything. She's just turned up and looked straight at my belly and said 'Oh, I guess you'll be starting to eat a bit less now its New Year, How is the pragnancy coming along?'

Which in my emotional state I took as 'Oh my god you're SO FAT!'. She knows I'm pregnant but hasn't seen me for 3 weeks, I have a wee bump now but nothing major I don't think :( So, trying not to cry I just said no I don't think so. To which she starts grilling me about my diet and am I eating additional amounts to normal 'because there's no need to eat more just because you're pregnant'. Er. . . Excuse me DARLIN' but technically you are supposed to eat 300 calories extra per day (which amounts to an apple or something but I'll leave that bit out!)

I told her I was fed up of hearing everyone else's opinion on my body and that if I want to eat an extra 50 burgers a day I will. But she just kept saying that I should try and eat less.

But I really want to cry and thump the mouthy b**ch both at the same time, I know I'm going to get worse comments than that but I've had lack of sleep these last two days and everything seams a million times worse than normal.

Thanks for listening to ranting of a pregnant-hormonal-crazed-woman. :wink:

aww hugs IGNORE the silly moo lol eitehr that or do what i'd do and tell her to f off or shove her opinions where the sun doesn't shine :lol: :lol:
She'd have a feild day with me cas i'm massive :roll:

I know what a crazy! I've just a rant at hubby who said ignore her too.

But after all this happened I got up to make a cuppa and she said 'Flat shoes already? oh that's sad, you don't have to wear them until later on.'

:talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand:

Well my five inch stillies are being sharpened at the moment so they leave a bigger dent when I lob them at your head. :twisted:

For the record the flat shoes are because I've had chronic back ache for about the last 6 weeks and am trying to improve my posture to correct it. Although why I feel the need to explain myself I don't know! :wall:

Stupid woman! And you have no reason to explain yourself at all, its your body and your baby so you do whatever is right for you and stuff everyone else :hug:

Ive found so far that everyone has an opinion on you when you're pregnant, you're either too big or not big enough. Or eating too much or not enough or the wrong things etc etc, the list goes on and on!! :roll: No one would normally tell you things like that so why the hell they think they have the right just because you're pregnant I have no idea!! Just ignore everyone, as long as you, baby and your partner are happy then thats all that matters :hug:

Mama 2 Be said:
I know what a crazy! I've just a rant at hubby who said ignore her too.

But after all this happened I got up to make a cuppa and she said 'Flat shoes already? oh that's sad, you don't have to wear them until later on.'

:talkhand: :talkhand: :talkhand:

Well my five inch stillies are being sharpened at the moment so they leave a bigger dent when I lob them at your head. :twisted:

For the record the flat shoes are because I've had chronic back ache for about the last 6 weeks and am trying to improve my posture to correct it. Although why I feel the need to explain myself I don't know! :wall:
omg your not ment to wear high heels in pregnancy cas it can mess up your back, good on you for wearing flat shoes (i live in flat shoes lol) seriously tell her where to stick her opinions silly moo i'm not trying to egg you on here :lol: :lol: :lol: honest :fib:

mudgey said:
Stupid woman! And you have no reason to explain yourself at all, its your body and your baby so you do whatever is right for you and stuff everyone else :hug:

Ive found so far that everyone has an opinion on you when you're pregnant, you're either too big or not big enough. Or eating too much or not enough or the wrong things etc etc, the list goes on and on!! :roll: No one would normally tell you things like that so why the hell they think they have the right just because you're pregnant I have no idea!! Just ignore everyone, as long as you, baby and your partner are happy then thats all that matters :hug:

EXACTLY! You wait till the tummy touching starts properly, am I going to put them all in their place by touching their tummy back and saying something like 'ooops, you haven't managed to shift those mince pies yet then?' :rotfl:

Then blame the hormones! :rotfl:

Who does she think she is?! :evil: What a silly cow, try to ignore her hun. Probably a hard thing to do though because I want to smack her in the mouth and its not me she has been saying stuff too :hug: :hug:

Grrr that even made me angry so cant imagine how p**sed you must be :twisted:

What a horrid woman. She obviously isnt happy in her own little life and so feels the need to inflict some of her misery on others.

Id be telling her than vanity is not top of my list and that I shall be enjoying my pregnancy!!

What a witch :evil:

[quote="Anna23
omg your not ment to wear high heels in pregnancy cas it can mess up your back, good on you for wearing flat shoes (i live in flat shoes lol) seriously tell her where to stick her opinions silly moo i'm not trying to egg you on here :lol: :lol: :lol: honest :fib:[/quote]

Oh thanks hon, I know what you mean but I need to tread a bit carefully because boss told me yesturday that he is leaving it all up to me to sort out my replacement and basicaly hinted that he wouldn't be open to me working from home a couple of days a week after the baby is born - it's either all or nothing - which is stupid because the only thing I can't do from home is answer the phone when it rings three times a day :roll: I could have them diverted but he wants me here at the office not at home so its getting difficult for me to come back to work after bean is born. And if I row with his wife he's going to make it even harder for me to come back. :wall: :wall:

(Shhh :shhh: Never thought I'd say it but flat shoes are SOOOOOO comfy!)

Awww thanks girls, you're all so lovely. I'm totally cheered up now xx

Do you know she actually told me before Xmas that she put on a stone and half with her first child but was so repulsed by herself that for her second child she made sure she only put on a 'few pounds' - Well if you ask me she could have and probably did, deprive her child of essential nutrients whilst it was in the womb just for her own vanity!! :shakehead: :shakehead: Now there's a real mother-of-the-year contender for you! :shakehead:

He he I've just opened a bag of Salt and Vinegar Quavers - lets see what she has to say about that! :lol:

What an ignorant bitch! No wonder you're pissed off, especially since she has had kids of her own and knows how hormonal you can be - she probably just feels shit about herself and is taking it out on you.

If she says anything again, just say thanks but I don't need your opinion on my life!

Ding dong the witch has gone :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bring out the high heels, chocolates, burgers, and everything else she'd frown at. Probably frown at the folic acid tablets I take too! :lol:

Mama 2 Be said:
omg your not ment to wear high heels in pregnancy cas it can mess up your back, good on you for wearing flat shoes (i live in flat shoes lol) seriously tell her where to stick her opinions silly moo i'm not trying to egg you on here :lol: :lol: :lol: honest :fib:

Oh thanks hon, I know what you mean but I need to tread a bit carefully because boss told me yesturday that he is leaving it all up to me to sort out my replacement and basicaly hinted that he wouldn't be open to me working from home a couple of days a week after the baby is born - it's either all or nothing - which is stupid because the only thing I can't do from home is answer the phone when it rings three times a day :roll: I could have them diverted but he wants me here at the office not at home so its getting difficult for me to come back to work after bean is born. And if I row with his wife he's going to make it even harder for me to come back. :wall: :wall:

(Shhh :shhh: Never thought I'd say it but flat shoes are SOOOOOO comfy!)

I'd get some advice on this if I were you hon - it seems he's placing some unfair conditions on your return to work, and I'm sure they have to be flexible about it too. As for you finding a replacement - why is it up to you?? If you're coming back after mat leave, then fair enough, but as he's already making that difficult and you're forced to just leave and not return, why should you give two hoots about whether anyone replaces you or not???

I've just found this info -

As the parent of a child under six (or a disabled child under eighteen) you are entitled to request a flexible working pattern. This can help you balance caring for your child and work. Your employer must consider your request and respond to you in writing.

Basically, you have a legal right to request a flexible working pattern, be that going part time, working from home etc, and your employer has to give you a written response. If they turn it down, there has to be a valid business reason, and if you don't agree, you can take them to a tribunal. That'd wipe the smug smile off her arrogant face! Full linky -

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... G_10029491

Nice one thanks for that hon. I knew I could ask for flexibility and that he had to seriously consider it but it helps to read something like that.

Its a bit stupid really because if I want my job back surely I would just employ someone a bit clueless who does a worse job than me so that when I want to come back it should be a breeze.

Its fine, if he wants to make things difficult then I'll just have to desperately TRY to remember to teach them everything before I go on maternity leave afterall I implimented programs that I'm the only one in the whole company who knows how to use them. The only problem is with this pregnancy brain I keep forgetting everything :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hate people who interfere without being invited to do so. How dare this woman be so rude and furthermore she is the boss' wife, does she not have any sense??! If she carries on being rude and making unwelcome comments you have every right to complain to HR in confidence about her unwelcome comments. They should in turn have a discreet word with your boss.

I do not tolerate rudeness from anyone so when I'm pregnant. For god sake if it isn't bad enough having to deal with a changing body, crazy hormones, cravings and sleepless nights we then have to deal with ignorant rude opinionated good for nothings :evil:

Hope your crisps are tasty xxx

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone but you! If you wanna wear flat shoes and eat as much as you want then go ahead! This woman should learn not to be such a nosey, opinionated moo! :wink:

allycat said:
You don't have to justify yourself to anyone but you! If you wanna wear flat shoes and eat as much as you want then go ahead! This woman should learn not to be such a nosey, opinionated moo! :wink:
here here i agree :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back