Sorry need to vent.........apologies in advance...

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Ok so a little bit of background, she has always been about herself but she got pregnant at 15 with her first kid, a year after he was born she walked out on him, we had him for 2 years she ot him back she went on to have 3 more children walking out on them twice making this the 3rd walk out for my first nephew...who is now 12.

Since august last year he has been living with us because she was evicted, she barely sees him or wnats him around unless she wants him to babysit then she is all lovey dovey to him, when he says no she sends him text messages giving him a guilt trip well tonight I had enough...we get no money to look after him and he barely gets his £12 for bus fare every week from her, not that it;s about the money it's about him..

She called and said she wanted him to babysit....on a school night.... so she could go to a party, now he won;t go to sleep until she is in when he babysits because he is scared she will leave again, she had never let him forget it, we have social workers involved and they have been told what she is up to but as long as he is looked after and loved by the rest of the family they don;t really care.

Tonight I had enough I told her categorically that he wasn't babysitting, she flew off the handle sent him a nasty text message saying when he is back under her roof it doesn;t matter what Aunty Kelly (me) and Grandma says he will do as he is told....

She is such a bad and selfish mother and what I have said is the tip of the iceberg, if I could guarantee that Kyle would be allowed to stay with me I would have him permanently, if I had the space I would have them all permanently just to keep them away from her, I have completely had enough of her behavior and my parents are about as much use as a chocalate teapot!!!! they leave it all to me.

anyway thanks for the rant, hasn;t helped much but there we are......

Some people have no idea how to look after children and just focus on themselves. I know "Lifes too short not to have fun" - but families can be fun if people actually invest in them!

I feel your pain. My mother is a super-lady who fosters, so the amount of times we hear stories of terrible mummies is heart-breaking.
I guess all you can do is support the kids as much as poss.

God what a horrid careless woman, does she no it,s actully illegal to let a child under 13 babysit?? Do the social workers no he,s babysitting? I,m pretty sure it,s 13, It,s not fair on him to be treated like a babysitter by his own mum, poor little mite.

It used to be illegal but it isn't anymore which means she can get him to do it as much as she likes!!! and the social workers can't do anything about it other than talk to her which they have done and she hasn't listened...

I know its not about the money for you, but surely she is still in receipt of child benefit, child tax credit etc for him? If so, then this is not right as you get given that money for the children?
Sounds like a very selfish woman and such a shame for your nephew. At least he has got you and you truely care for his welfare. So so sad there are people out there who would love to have a child who would make truely wonderful parents yet are struggling!!
Keep up the good work - I'm sure it must be stressful, but sounds like you are doing the best you can for him :) xx

I didn't no it wasn't illegal anymore, why the heck did they change that!?!?! A child shouldn't be left in charge of other children, anything could happen, well the my opinion anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back