Need some advice - please be honest....

walker2011

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage March this year. I was 3 months pregnant and we were obviously devasted. During that time I was temping and since then found a permanent job September this year. My husband would like to try again very soon and I do as well. My whole outlook to life has completely changed as a career is not on the top of my list anymore a family is. I would like to try for a family soon but am worried what my boss and coworkers would think if I fell pregnant straight away which is what happened before. Do you think I should wait till march 2012 to try so if I fell pregnant straight away I would have worked there for over a year before leaving on maternity (that's if I get that far !) What if it takes a year to fall pregnant as we have only tried the once. Or do u think I should stop worrying ? The company I work for is a large company so shouldn't have an issues with finding a replacement. Can't stop thinking of when would be the right time ....

I think you have to do what's right for you. If you want to try now then go for it, I suppose the only worry is financial as do you get any maternity pay if you haven't worked there for a year first?
I understand your worries about what your new boss will think but sometimes you have to think of yourself first, there are always reasons to put off having children. Good luck hunny xx

Hey hun.

So sorry for ur loss. big hugs. xxx

If it were me id try agen now. U may worry about ur new job and thats ok cuz shows ur responsible but dont let it stress u out hun. Id try agen. it may not happen the first month anyway....

And by the time ur 12weeks and redy to tell the world..... itll be well into next yr and so ud have been working there a while then.

If ur worried wat ur coworkers will think im sure theyd be very supportive with wat u have been thru.

Good luck hun xxxx
Mucho baby dust ur way xx

Thanks to both your comments. Yes I will be get mat pay we worked it out if I were to fall pregnant straight away. But just feel so impatient and want to start trying as it would take a while but still worried what people would think - I think I'm going to have to toughen myself up!

Thanks for your good luck messages think I'm gonna need it! Xxx

Hey hun I happened to be reading summet earlier, to get maternity you need to have worked for the company for 26 weeks by the time of 15 weeks before you give birth, so by my calculations it seems as long as you are working before you get pregnant you will be fine!

If it is a big company don't worry at all, all employers have to expect that any female of child bearing age could get pregnant any time.
And as you said your job isn't as important to you as family so don't stress about what they will do when ur gone.
Good luck!

Hi walker. I'm sorry to read about your loss :( I had a similar worry with work and a job I was going into. I worried about being pregnant doing it, then mc'd now I'm worrying about a course next year and falling pregnant before then. Wasn't until oh told me you really can't plan these things, you might fall pg straight away or it may take a few months.

Don't worry no one should judge you, family life always takes priority over work and if people judge you then they have serious failings in their own personal lives!

Good luck with whatever you decide, as long as you and your partner are happy that's all that matters xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back