need recipe advice

rach

Reaction score
christopher is taking purees really well now but HV says i need to start introducing meat at 6 months so i was thinking of making some casserole type things up but what do i use for stock to give it flavour can you get stock cubes that dont have salt in them? what does everyone else use? im not doing baby led weaning so will still be blending it down but want to make it tasty for him any recipes anyone has would be really helpful xxxxxxxxx

To start with I didn't use anything, just added a bit of extra water. Then when he got used to it I bought some really low salt veggie stock cubes from Holland and Barret, They were like 8 for £1 and have only a trace of salt in them.

thats great thanks hun we have 1 of them in town will have a look for them xxxxxxx

I've just started introducing meat as well. Things like shepherds pie or stew are great to start with and it means one dinner for everyone. I even put some chicken through mashed potato with gravy on sunday and he couldn't get it quick enough. I have tried to stop pureeing (sp) now and just mash up well with a fork to start getting a bit lumpy.

never thought of trying shepherds pie although hes not fussed on potato maybe i could do it with sweet potato instead he loves that :D thanks hun xxxxxxx

hi rach i really cannot recommend the annabel karmel book meal planner for your baby and toddler(something like that) enough, its great. i make all lukes food and she has simple easy to follow recipes i made luke chicken parsnip and beans recipe from there and even though it smells like dog food he loves it, i also made chicken sweet potato and apple yesterday which i am trying him with tomorrow. some of the recipes recommend stock but i used full fat milk instead as i can't be bothered to make full blown stock its so much hassle and it comes out fine! its also got really easy to follow fish recipes in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back