Need help with my mother!! *Updated with photos*

Bless your Mum :D
I quite like them tbh :shhh: I love the knitted look on baby clothes, we had lots knitted for Isaac when he was born by a neighbour and I was just looking at them last week and they got me all teary :oops: though he never wore any of them :shhh: :lol: Seems as though your Mum is very excited about your baby, I would just leave her to it personally, we all have different tastes but she's expressing her love in her own way, it can't do any harm, you don't have to put baby in the clothes if you really don't like them :hug: :hug: :hug:

OH's Mum buys Isaac tons of stuff and some of it I've thought 'not my taste' but I've still put him in them and know it makes her happy, which actually makes me happy too I guess. I do hope you find it doesn't stress you too much, try to ignore the 'taste' in clothes and see the gesture maybe? Very best wishes, you're lucky to have a Mum who is so giving and thinking about your baby :D :hug: I'm not saying you're not grateful or anything in all the above btw, please don't read me wrong :hug: :hug: :hug:

my friend had this same problem with an aunt... all she did was make sure her baby was in something they had bought when they were going to visit her. Even though she hated it, it made her aunt feel good to see her in it. maybe you could do that... or like someone else has said try & get her to buy nappies etc by saying how much of an expense they are going to be & you could do with stock piling them?!

Just wanted to add, my Aunt from London knits really ugly clothes for people and she emailed me a few weeks ago to say she had started on winter clothes for Evie... :shock:

I just replied saying thank you - I'll take a few pics of Evie wearing them and send them to her. I'll be sure to remember to remove them from any photo albums though :lol: xxx

it's amazing how some clothes we were given were too big for ages and then fitted for just long enough to take a pic for the proud relative before suddenly becoming too small! :oops: :wink:

Dare I reply as an occasional lurker and an over exited first time grandmother to be who looks in occasionally. Don't worry Jollypops I'm not your Mum!!!
It's a bit of a difficult road to travel, I honestly am much more anxious for my daughter's pregnancy than I ever was for myself. It's difficult to explain but I think that however desperately I loved my daughter when I was expecting her, having had her and knowing her for over twenty five years makes my heart break for her if anything is wrong or she is upset in any way and I do want anything I buy to be what she likes and wants. I am definately aware that I really am completely at a loss about what is just my taste or way out of fashion. If I'm not sure I will say "I nearly bought...... for you today, what do you think, would you have liked it". If she says Mmmm... Yes, I go ahead, if not, nothing lost. Us Mums need a bit of guidance sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back