How to stop?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello girls!!!

I am being addicted to e-bay lol !!!!!Since my 20 week scan, I cannot stop looking for bargains and I keep buying :lol:

Maybe it will stop once I start receiving the items, what if I will not?
:roll: that would be really unfair!!!

What do you think is the most important to buy, that must be absolutely in the house so at least I can stop after the must have?lol

So far I bought a travel system pushchair, a cotbed, a moses basket and stand, a cotmobile, lost bids on a few items but if I know where to stop, maybe this will help :wink:

Cheers :D

1. I have the ideal solution - sell the computer on Ebay. OK, I know it's not very practical.

2. Is there somebody else in the house good with computers, and I'll send instructions to block Ebay from your computer. You can't do it yourself, cos you'd cheat when the withdrawal got too bad :wink:

3. You could also try booking yourself into the internet addiction clinics they have in China now. OH threatened me with that one, then realised he'd starve before I was cured.

The only time it stops is when all the credit cards are over the limit. Door bouncer, baby walker, bouncy chair, swinging crib, swinging chair, high chair, low chair, chair that fits on a normal dining chair, play pen, stair gates, those wierd plastic things to stop fingers getting trapped.......... Then there's the clothes!!!! Thank goodness I don't have an ebay account.

Tracy xx

I was addicted to ebay a while back. Luckily I got bored of it before I got PG so haven't been tempted to buy everything on there for baby but if I was still into it, I'd have to rent extra storage lol!!

Haven't bought anything of Ebay for baby - although I did buy a pair of jeans for OH and they arrived today and they are not the size they said! :evil: not happy.

I'm scared of buying a travel system off Ebay due to the car seat and your not supposed to buy second hand car seats. Also with cots, I'm a fussy buggery so I'd have to see it before I bought it. :roll:

I am however addicted to sellingon Ebay. We've made a fair extra bit of dosh this week to help fund our new house :)

What you got for sale Sami - anything interesting?!

At the moment - I have a prom/bridal dress which I love but I'll never wear again, some exercise resistance bands and also a funny slogan t-shirt lol. :D

Just sold a Gibson Epiphone Guitar, some peugeot alloys and also our Leeds Tickets :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (didn't wanna sell them)

I love Ebay, you can get so many nice bits on there, all brand new.

I have got all of my wedding things from there, all brand new, all cheap, its been great.

I have started to look on there for some baby stuff now, lots of good bargins, not going to buy anything untill after my 20 week scan tho.

I have a bit of an addiction to e-bay at the moment to. I've brought most of my maternity wear on there and now starting to get baby stuff, latest purchases being some eskimo wool for afriend to knit stuff 4 baby and a breast pump which was new sealed in box and saved me £10. I have things i should being selling 2 make some cash but never get around to putting them on there lol. happy shopping everyone xxx
p.s and you have the added bonus of not having to carry things back from shops as it'll be delivered ....

True! You do not have to worry about delivery lol. Well I had the cot/bed delivered yesterday but because I paid it quite cheap, £50, am going to change the colour of it. It is a Mamas and Papas in antique pine but I want to paint it a kind of ivory colour and add my personal touch to it, will see how it goes between the sanding, the painting etc... lol but am quite excited to make my own thing for the bed.
Sami, I agree with the car seat, It was included in the pushchair but because it was cheap too, I will buy a new one to get it fitted. But you can buy loads of brand new stuff for much less than in shops. Like mattresses for cots and moses basket, they r all brand new and can cost you half the price than in retailers!!!!
My addiction will wear off once i get my hands on the painting and my make my own version of the cot lol Good thing of ebay too is that you do not have to walk miles in different shops to see different products and my toilets are just next door :wink:

Hey future mum, why stop?
I have bought loads of my baby stuff on ebay and saved a packet by doing so.
What I did first was write a list of all the baby things we needed, then I just controlled my ebay serches to looking for those specific items, that way you dont just look at all the baby stuff and impulse buy. I typed in the search each item off my list each day to see what was coming up, and added bits to my watched list and I made a note of what they cost to buy new, so I didnt get carried away with bidding and pay more than something was worth.

God bless ebay

I am so addicted to that site. I have bought loads for my two boys, especially good for kids fancy dress. I havent bought anything for the baby yet. But i will browse soon. We will probably be outbidding each other very soon. LOL

x

My kind of girls!!! :lol:

Ebay rules!! I got married 7 weeks ago, the whole thing with the honeymoon cost about £11k, but if I hadn't gone to ebay, it would have been more like £16K!! I got my dress (handmade to order from Hong Kong), daughters dress, shoes, tiaira (hand-made, one off), personalised serviettes and matchbooks, guest book, balloons, invites, disposable cameras, underwear (it was brand new!! :oops: ), daughters gift, ushers and best man cufflinks, sugared almonds - oh the list is endless...

I can't wait to be able to buy maternity clothes, and baby stuff. 13 days till testing date, so steering clear of ebay till then. Hopefully then, I can start buying again!! Oh, and I also bought my ovulation and pregancy testing kits from ebay as well, half the price of Boots!!!

Hello!!!

Well I have stopped my addiction now lol Received the cotbed that I bought on e-bay, stated in excellent condition and it appeared that the bed needed to be totally sanded and painted to make it look really nice. Was quite excited at first so I could make it really personal but realised that if we messed it up, that will cost us even more!!!!
Received my other items that are in very good condition but my b/f said not to buy anything more until later on!!!! So I will make a list instead, look at everything I want and in a couple of months start to buy and this time buy a brand new cot that looks really nice lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back