Need help finding a rose bush

Urchin

Reaction score
Hiya
I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me find a rose bush.

As you know my friends baby died a week ago today :(

when I went to visit them this week we spoke about how there might be a rose she could get called Alfie or Alfred or something, and I promised her i would look.

I've looked online and have managed to find one called Alfi and one called Alfie's luv (which I think sounds great) I went to a HUGE garden centre by us and they don't do them, so now I have to look online, but it's really hard and I can't find a single site that you can order roses from and search the name!

Can anyone help? by the way, we don't really want to do one of those "name your own rose" things yet unless we have to, cos one already named would be nicer I think.

Try www.rhs.org.uk which is the royal horticultural site. They have a plant finder and will show you the nearest nursery that stocks it

I cant help I'm afraid but what about trying to go to a flower wholesaler that supplies the florists?

feenix said:
http://www.apuldramroses.co.uk/search-results.asp

MADAME ALFRED CARRIERE

Beautiful white climber with two main flowering periods in late June and September. Foliage is bright green with very few thorns. (j. Scwartz - 1879)

hth
xxx

Just saw that thanks :) Maybe a "madame" will have to do if it's the only Alfred one around. Cheers

I have contacted both of those places asking about "Alfie luv" but at least I know I can get an "Alfred" one. Cheers

Awww thanks everyone, i have mailed a few places, will let you know what happens.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back