**~ GIFT IDEAS FOR TRACEY2 - PLEASE READ ~**

happy-chick

Reaction score
WE NOW HAVE A TOTAL OF £124.17 WHICH IS FANTASTIC!

I have been helped and come up with some great ideas for what we can get tracey & I would love to know your opinions and any other ideas that you have, as you can imagine tracey already has lots of flowers so doesnt want anymore sending.

1/ We looked up the meaning of the name Chloe (her daughters name) and it means 'blooming' one of the ideas is to officially name a rose bush after chloe and then she can plant to bush in a special place that she chooses and will be somewhere she can sit and think of chloe.

2/ Another idea was to name a star after chloe as its something that will be there forever looking down on tracey and her family.

3/ An ornament for her grave was another suggestion we had, maybe a dragonfly or something else to make chloes grave look pretty.

We have a good amount of money so all 3 could be possible. If you have another idea then please post and it will be taken into account - the poll was ment to add that option but hasnt for some reason! I want to try and include everyone that has donated in the final decision but obviously this will be difficult as no everyone will agree so I will go with a majority vote.

THIS POST WILL BE REMOVED SOON SO PLEASE VOTE ASAP, I DO NOT WANT TO RISK TRACEY READING THIS

just an idea but i wondered if they did a tree or plant or somthing called chloe may be silly but i know at work we always try and get a tree or plant with the person whos passed name !!!

but i like all the ideas, did u get my moneys?

all ideas are touching, i cant decide... but i do like stars.

Jo i havent been on to be able to donate, can you re-text me your address and ill send you my donation would that be ok.

I think all the ideas are lovely but i do like the star idea. Its a beautiful way of remembering. :hug:

I like all ideas but I like the rose bush idea best so I voted that. I'm not in England myself so I don't know, will it survive the winter and everything? My mum always used to say how roses are very sensitive to diseases etc.
I say any plant/tree that she can plant and watch it grow and bloom is a great idea :)

Rose bush is good but we're going too have lots of extra money unless there are some really posh ones! :)

We could have that for her to remember her LO but also some sort of spa vouchers/vouchers for her to get a massage or something like that when she wants it, as something nice for herself? :)

I picked the ornament as this was what I first thought of when donating for the flowers, I figured we may have a lot more than for flowers. I know someone who's parent's died and they had a bench named after them, so when they went to visit the grave they could sit somewhere and think about them. Some places let you plant/name baby trees near the graves too, and you can visit the graves and watch the tree grow.
I just think if it were me I know I'd be visiting the grave a lot, and anything there to make it more comfortable would be most appreciated.

But that's just me, they're all lovely ideas. :hug:

I think they are all lovely ideas.....let me donate. I PM'd you ages ago.

i like the star and the bush idea..

dont know if this is any relivance to anyone.. but charlotte thinks the moon is her grandma.. who passed away when she was 2..we said that she was a star.. but shes decided that shes the moon now.. and its really nice when you see the moon she shouts its grandma!! shes ok. shes just telling me i love you.

if we could afford both bush and star i think that would be great..personally a statue for the memorials a little to personal for me.. i think thats a place where tracy and her family should 'decorate' (excuse my use of the word but i cant think of another)theirselves.

They are all good ideas.

Only thing with a plant is though if she moves house she would leave it behind?

I like the rose bush and the star idea...

I'm not that keen on the ornament...it is a lovely idea, but I think the things at the graveside should be from the family only.

I like the rose idea & star i voted for rose idea, but now thinking the star idea is better as if she ever moves it stays with her. also no matter where she is she will always have her angel looking over her

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I voted star, its a gorgeous idea...and I also like the rose bush idea but would wonder what would be done with it if she moves :think: Yep, defo the star, its beautiful Jo :hug:

A grave ornament is defo a personal family thing I think....

Jo, I have sent a card for Tracey & Steve yesterday to your address, hope thats ok? xxxxxxxx

OK ive purchased the rose bush & star, any money left over I will send to tracey to spend on whatever she decides maybe the funeral or to treat herself :) x

ooooh both the bush and star, that's good :)

happy_chick said:
OK ive purchased the rose bush & star, any money left over I will send to tracey to spend on whatever she decides maybe the funeral or to treat herself :) x

Perfect :hug:

I voted for the star but I love the rose bush idea too.
They are such lovely ideas and so thoughtful. They bought a tear to my eye. xxx

Just thought of another idea with the left over money...tell me to bugger off if it sounds silly or I am interfering..I know everyone has a million ideas and we cant do them all...

Urchin does the finger print pendants, and she does mail order...prices start from £20 I think? I think she sends something out so the fingerprint can be captured, then she makes into a imprint on a pendant.Maybe a nurse/relative could do it for her before the funeral?

Is it a silly idea? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back